Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

urgent! MP3 player help?

mp3 player help oh god

• Please log in to reply

Flightlessjazz

Flightlessjazz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Help me please!

I left my MP3 player in a jacket, which found itself in the washing machine last night. Fortunately, the Mp3 player works. UNFORTUNATELY, It's stuck at the volume up/down menu that you get when you push either the vol. up or down buttons. Wether you push the up or down button, it always turns the volume up.

I need access to the menu (which is cancelled when you push one of the volume buttons) that allows you to be able to transfer files to a computer. Is there any way I can disable those buttons or the volume menu? I know nothing about this stuff. Thanks to whoever can help.

Link to helpful video: 

Also I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category....

Attached Thumbnails

• 0621181907.jpg

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

Not sure, but let it dry out, also if you can try spraying contact cleaner on it (powered down). It is likely that there could still be some water in it.

Flightlessjazz

Flightlessjazz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Not sure, but let it dry out, also if you can try spraying contact cleaner on it (powered down). It is likely that there could still be some water in it.

It is all dry, yet the problem persists.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

It can be very difficult to get ALL the water out and get it dry. There can be water inside the switch.