Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Explorer driving me crazy! Keeps freezing out mouse betwee

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,056 posts
  • MVP

The firewire driver was pretty busy during the 20 seconds that Lat Mon ran so it might be worth disabling it for a while to see if that makes any difference. 

The only thing I see in the VEW is:

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 03/12/2021 04:37:25
Type: Warning Category: 0
Event: 2 Source: HidBth
Bluetooth HID device (08:b7:38:13:7f:9c) either went out of range or became unresponsive.

but that might just be a wireless mouse going to sleep.

As far as the case fan goes very few PCs have one these days but if your graphics card generates a lot of heat you might still need it.  If you disconnect it just watch the temps to make sure it doesn't start running hot again.

Run ShellExView again and take a screen shot of the disabled extensions.  You might also re-enable them and see if the problem gets worse.

Advertisements

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

I don't have a wireless mouse regularly running. But I do have a Bluetooth USB dongle to use my wireless keyboard every day.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Will post the logs tomorrow.

hmp3

hmp3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

How do you want me to disable the FireWire driver in a way that I can re-enable it after the latency test?