Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 Video Problem

• Please log in to reply

KGH

KGH

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Check your operating speed in bios or run CPU-Z (free utility available on the web). Post the result.

The 2800+ runs at 2.2ghz (and is theoretically equivalent to a 2.8ghz intel) so it sounds as though your multiplier or HTT speed is incorrect in bios, if your cpu speed is being reported as 1.2ghz.

If the processor is running at 2.2ghz, you will be able to run BF2. What video card are you using?

Advertisements

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Check your operating speed in bios or run CPU-Z (free utility available on the web).  Post the result.

The 2800+ runs at 2.2ghz (and is theoretically equivalent to a 2.8ghz intel) so it sounds as though your multiplier or HTT speed is incorrect in bios, if your cpu speed is being reported as 1.2ghz. 

If the processor is running at 2.2ghz, you will be able to run BF2.  What video card are you using?

View Post

the amd64 2800+ runs at 1.8 GHz 3000+ 1.8GHz the amd64 3200 runs at 2.0 GHz the 3000+ will bench at speeds of a 3GHz p4 the amd 64 processor dose a lot more work pear cycle.

KGH

KGH

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Yeah, the AMD64 2800 runs at 1.8. The XP2800+ runs at 2.25ghz. He said he has an XP.

Edited by KGH, 26 July 2005 - 11:23 PM.

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

I think I understand what happened.  On 6/22/05 I started playing Battlefield 2.  From excitement and ignorance I installed the new drivers when I without installing the older versions.  My question now becomes...

When I browse to uninstall, I see the NVIDIA drivers plus two patches for the old version.  In your opinion, do I uninstall those too?  And from an older post from Austin 0, he told Vgamer before he/she installs their NVIDIA drivers that they should get Driver Cleaner, remove the driver, then boot into safe mode and run cleaner TWICE each time deleting all it finds.  Then reboot and install the new drivers. 

Okay, this is great but I have not started up in safe mode before....

Can you tell me what steps to start up in safe mode and give me your advice about the above steps before I begin uninstalling/installing?  Thank you in advance for any help.

View Post

after the post boot start pressing the f8 key then windows will give u start-up options go to safe mode and then press enter that simple

ecurb

ecurb

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the help. I managed the update thanks to some tremendous efforts from those posting to this site (you know who you are). You listened when nobody else did. That is the truth. :tazz:

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Yeah, the AMD64 2800 runs at 1.8.  The XP2800+ runs at 2.25ghz.  He said he has an XP.

View Post

ooops my apology!!! I was assuming u wer talking about 64bit didn't look at the original post if the bios is saying 1.2 maybe try setting the clock manually or a bios update.......

Enjoiskateboy

Enjoiskateboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i just updated my bios and my cpu clock on my bios is really wierd...it is like in 100's (100, 200, 300, etc.) so idk what that means...and i looked through my bios and there is no spot to put in the correct operating speed of the cpu i will try to run that program cpu x or w/e you said it was to see what it is really running at. thanx agean for the help

oh ya and im using the nvidea fx 5700 tv tuner + from pny

Edited by Enjoiskateboy, 27 July 2005 - 01:27 PM.

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

i just updated my bios and my cpu clock on my bios is really wierd...it is like in 100's (100, 200, 300, etc.) so idk what that means...and i looked through my bios and there is no spot to put in the correct operating speed of the cpu i will try to run that program cpu x or w/e you said it was to see what it is really running at. thanx agean for the help

oh ya and im using the nvidea fx 5700 tv tuner + from pny

View Post

theas days theirs usually not but check to see if theirs a jumper or switch on the motherboard to select the multiplier.

Rob06

Rob06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
what about my bf2 problem?

KGH

KGH

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
As has been said before, if the corrupt images only appeared after you updated your drivers and the game was functioning correctly with older drivers installed, simply roll back to the older drivers using the procedure that was explained on page 1 of this post.

Advertisements

Lemmiwinkz

Lemmiwinkz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, see if u can help me with this one, i have a radeon x800 pro, and when i start the game the screen goes completely blank and when i bring up the task manager it says the program is not responding, but i had played the game from when it 1st came out up until about 2 weeks ago, i need help cuz now all the mods are coming out and "Shattered Faith" looks like a crazy add-on ;) :tazz:

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yes, amd 64 bit cpu's are great chips iv had some but pentium 4 intel chips do better at multi-tasking. (talking about single cpu's, not dual) I can have 3 games up at once and minimize between all 3 and smooth gameplay still. LOL i tried Battlefield 2, Half life 2 and Farcry all 3 up at the same time and i can switch between all 3 games flawlessly and play all of them smooth as silk still lmfao.. Yes its just a single cpu. I had it at stock speed on the cpu at the time also, no overclocking. I havnt tried more than those 3 games yet. :tazz:

Iv herd of alot of wierd problems from alot of people. I havnt had any problems at all on bf 2.

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

ok, see if u can  help me with this one, i have a radeon x800 pro, and when i start the game the screen goes completely blank and when i bring up the task manager it says the program is not responding, but i had played the game from when it 1st came out up until about 2 weeks ago, i need help cuz now all the mods are coming out and "Shattered Faith" looks like a crazy add-on  ;)  :tazz:

View Post

what changers did u make to the pc before the bf2 crash let me no and do a hd disk defrag and spywear and virus checks update vires programs before scanning .

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Pentium 4s are better at multi tasking but whats the point of spending alot of money on a chip that will do a few things ok rather than a chip that will do one thing brilliantly. You can only do one thing at a time. And the game swapping isnt really relevant to the cpu as when you leave the game there isnt any input so it doesnt require much processor time its more of a feat of memory than cpu. Try running a couple of instances od folding at home or 3d mark and then you will see the relevance of multi tasking.

Edited by warriorscot, 06 August 2005 - 06:52 PM.

jamie72

jamie72

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Pentium 4s are better at multi tasking but whats the point of spending alot of money on a chip that will do a few things ok rather than a chip that will do one thing brilliantly. You can only do one thing at a time. And the game swapping isnt really relevant to the cpu as when you leave the game there isnt any input so it doesnt require much processor time its more of a feat of memory than cpu. Try running a couple of instances od folding at home or 3d mark and then you will see the relevance of multi tasking.

View Post

im happy with my 2 amd64 systems I changed from p4 I because what's the point of getting a 32 bit cpu when I can get a 64 bit chip that preforms as good or better and is futuerproof