Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Joke of the Day

• Please log in to reply

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Once upon a time

~~~~~~~~

In a land far away,

~~~~~~~~

A beautiful, independent,
Self-assured princess

~~~~~~~~

Happened upon a frog as she sat
Contemplating ecological issues
On the shores of an unpolluted pond
In a verdant meadow near her castle.

~~~~~~~~

The frog hopped into the princess' lap
And said: ' Elegant Lady,
I was once a handsome prince,
Until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.

~~~~~~~~

One kiss from you, however,
And I will turn back
Into the dapper, young prince that I am

~~~~~~~~
And then, my sweet, we can marry

~~~~~~~~

And set up housekeeping in your castle

~~~~~~~~

With my mother,

~~~~~~~~

Where you can prepare my meals,

~~~~~~~~

Clean my clothes, bear my children,

~~~~~~~~

And forever feel

Grateful and happy doing so. '
~~~~~~~~

That night,
~~~~~~~~
As the princess dined sumptuously
~~~~~~~~
On lightly sauteed frog legs
~~~~~~~~
Seasoned in a white wine
~~~~~~~
And onion cream sauce,
~~~~~~~~
She chuckled and thought to herself:
~~~~~~~~
I don't think so.

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
:) She's my kind of princess :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

:) She's my kind of princess :)

Frantique,i would love to be a fly on the wall,when you're telling "fairytales" to your grandchildren :) :)

A completely inebriated man was stumbling down the street with one foot on the curb and one foot in the gutter. A cop pulled up and said, "I've got to take you in, pal. You're obviously drunk."

Our wasted friend asked, "Officer, are ya absolutely sure I'm drunk?"

"Yeah, buddy, I'm sure," said the copper. "Let's go."

Breathing a sigh of relief, the wino said, "Thank goodness, I thought I was crippled."

theclamps27

theclamps27

• Pip
  • 3 posts
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more. The bartender asks him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time." The Irishman replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together." The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way: ordering three pints and drinking them in turn. One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss." The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a light dawns in his eye and he laughs. "Oh, no," he says, "Everyone's fine. I've just quit drinking."

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
:) :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
A man walks up to the bar with an ostrich behind him, and as he sits, the bartender asks for their order.

The man says, "I'll have a beer" and turns to the ostrich. "What's yours?" "I'll have a beer too" says the ostrich.
The bartender pours the beer and says "That will be $3.40 please," and the man reaches into his pocket and pays with the exact change for payment.

The next day, the man and the ostrich come again, and the man says "I'll have a beer," and the ostrich says "I'll have the same." Once again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.

This became a routine until late one evening, the two enter again. "The usual?" asks the bartender."Well, it's close to last call, so I'll have a large Scotch" says the man. "Same for me" says the ostrich. "That will be $7.20" says the bartender. Once again the man pulls exact change out of his pocket and places it on the bar.

The bartender can't hold back his curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, sir. How do you manage to always come up with the exact change out of your pocket every time?"

"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and I found this old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever needed to pay for anything, I just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money will be there."

"That's brilliant!" says the bartender. "Most people would wish for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!""That's right! Whether it's a gallon of milk, or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there," says the man.

"That's fantastic!" says the bartender. "You are a genius! ... Oh, one other thing sir, what's with the ostrich?"

The man replies, "Oh, my second wish was for a chick with long legs."

Basementgeek

Basementgeek

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 28 posts
:) good one

BG

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
"The car won't start," aid a wife to her husband. "I think there's water in the carburettor."

"How do you know?" said the husband scornfully. "You don't even know what the carburettor is."

"I'm telling you," repeated the wife, "I'm sure there's water in the carburettor."

"We'll see," mocked the husband. "Let me check it out. Where's the car?"
"In the swimming pool."

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
:) :)

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
That has always been one of my favorites :) :) thanks :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
One night, a father passed by his son's room and heard his son praying: "God bless Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma. Ta ta, Grandpa."

The father didn't quite know what this meant, but was glad his son was praying. The next morning, they found Grandpa dead on the floor of a heart attack. The father reassured himself that it was just a coincidence, but was still a bit spooked.

The next night, he heard his son praying again: "God bless Mommy and Daddy. Ta ta, Grandma."

The father was worried, but decided to wait until morning. Sure enough, the next morning Grandma was on the floor, dead of a heart attack.

Really scared now, the father decided to wait outside his son's door the next night. And sure enough, the boy started to pray: "God bless Mommy. Ta ta, Daddy."

Now the father was crapping his pants. He stayed up all night, and went to the doctor's early the next day to make sure his health was fine. When he finally came home, his wife was waiting on the porch. She said, "Thank God you're here -- we could really use your help! We found milkman dead on our porch this morning!"

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
A man was amazed to see a dog buying meat for his owner in a butcher's shop because not only did he appear to check the quality of the meat, he also noticed that the butcher short-changed him and growled until he was given the right money.

Intrigued, the man followed the dog from the shop and saw him help an old lady across the road with her shopping.

The man then followed the dog to his onwer's house and couldn't believe his eyes when the dog stood up on his hind legs to ring the doorbell.

The dog's owner came to the door, took the shopping from the dog and kicked him into the garden.

The man watching was horrified and called out to the owner, "I can't believe you kicked that amazing dog - he does your shopping, checks your change and even helps old ladies across the road!".

"I know", the owner replied, "but that's the third time this week he's forgotten his keys".

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Here's another one from the same website:

One day, Mr. Phillard rushed his pregnant wife over to the hospital. As the doctors were prepping his wife, Mr. Phillard's idiot brother Bill arrived to watch the birth. But when Mr. Phillard saw the blood and everything else, he fainted. When Mr. Phillard woke up he was in a bed with the doctor standing above him.

"Mr. Phillard," the doctor said, "you are in the recovery room. Don't worry, your wife is fine and she had twins, a boy and a girl. Because you were unconscious and your wife was still under anaesthesia, she requested that your brother Bill name the kids."

"What! My brother, the idiot! I can't believe you let him! What did he name them?"

"He named your daughter Denise."

"Hey, not bad! I underestimated my brother. What did he name my son?"

"He named your son Denephew."

Basementgeek

Basementgeek

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 28 posts
Fredil..............

I really needed a "laugh" today....you did it.......Thanks

BG