Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi everybody,

I want to ask in which forum do you post your topic if you have a scanning problem?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Is that a hardware scanner or a malware scanner ?

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
well neither really because my printer can't scan a document or a picture

Edited by Cinnamoroll, 27 October 2008 - 08:50 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi Cinnamoroll,

This would be classed as a hardware scanner.

You can post a new topic explaining your problem here, and someone can help you. If you like, feel free to PM me with a link once you've posted the thread, and I'll check it out for you. :)

Cheers

Troy

nessyguin

nessyguin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there , I've a couple of questions and while I suspect this may not be the correct place for them I'd ask you to bear with me
as I'm still trying to familiarise myself with the site .
I have recently enrolled in GeekU - your acceptance of me is greatly appreciated and I fully intend becoming as much an asset
to the site as the site has become to me :)
Firstly , a site query . I find there are some fora I can reply to existing topics but cannot create a new topic
- I went to post a new thread in Introductions but got a You Do Not Have Permission page , as if I was logged out . Is there a block
on students (aaarghh , a student at my age lol ! ) posting in Community forum ?
Second question is also GeekU related but more in terms of the www . Now I know that offering help on malware removal is a big no-no
while in training (and my thanks to Rorschach211 for clarification of the extent of that rule) but prior to enrolment here I have been a fairly active member of another computer help site . Is it permissible for me to post on other sites and indeed Geeks to Go! regarding other issues - hardware/software etc ?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Nessyguin,

I honestly am not sure about being able to start a topic in the Intro forums - I'm the newest admin here and am still learning all the permissions. As far as helping with non-malware topics, any member of our forums is welcome to offer help in any thread, and as you look around you'll see we have GeekU students who do answer questions elsewhere. You may be held to a slightly higher standard, due to your GeekU status, but please feel free to help out where you can.

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hi Cinnamoroll,

This would be classed as a hardware scanner.

You can post a new topic explaining your problem here, and someone can help you. If you like, feel free to PM me with a link once you've posted the thread, and I'll check it out for you. :)

Cheers

Troy

thnx and i will post it 2morrow

nessyguin

nessyguin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your reply , sari :) , and congratulations on your promotion . Jeez , I aspire to being competent lol !

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey nessyguin,

To answer your question about not being able to post in Introductions, I have clarified with an admin that GeekU students are not allowed to post/start new topics in Introductions because there have been past instances where GeekU students tried to post malware advice in Introductions when they are not supposed to. To avoid such situations, the admin has decided to remove the posting permission in Introductions until they graduate from GeekU and become a Staff member.

You can always provide tech help to people, but please make sure you don't post any malware removal recommendations (such as doing certain scans or running certain tools). If a user is complaining about malware that hinders a certain software from running, it would be best to direct them to "Must read before posting a HijackThis log" instead of trying to tell them what to do.

Hope this helps. :)

LT

Edited by Ltangelic, 31 October 2008 - 03:24 AM.

nessyguin

nessyguin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the clarification , LT :)

Advertisements

mistyjones

mistyjones

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I keep getting an error on my computer that says pg32.exe has stopped working. I've been told that this is a trojan virus. Can you please direct me to right forum to fix my problem.

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey mistyjones,

pg32.exe is a file related to rogue internet security software. Please head over here and read the instructions and post a HijackThis log here.

Good luck. :)

byron1955

byron1955

• Pip
  • 8 posts
What does "dupe" mean?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
In what context? It could be short for duplicate, or it could mean to fool someone - like you can dupe someone into believing something that's not true.

byron1955

byron1955

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Well, I posted a Hijack This log last night on this site and one of the administrators replied back with "Dupe," and that was it. That didn't really help anything... : o / I didn't understand why he/she said that.

Edited by byron1955, 23 November 2008 - 02:23 PM.