Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
That means Duplicate as in Duplicate topic most likely... You must have double posted...

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
byron1955,

You have made 3 topics, where only one is allowed. (If this is for more than one computer, however, then please send a PM to Rorschach112 explaining this, and he will reopen the others).

Troy

byron1955

byron1955

• Pip
  • 8 posts
No, it was for the same computer, but I never got a response even now, 3 days later where as everyone else who posted at the same time as me and even hours later than mine, got help and answers..And I had to fix something in a post and didn't know that I could edit it. I found that out yesterday.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
If you've been waiting for more than 3 days than visit The Waiting Room.. Make sure to read the pinned topic there :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It's not 3 days yet - you posted on the 22nd and it's now the 24th. There are other people who posted on the same day as you who have not gotten help yet either - we try to get to everyone, but we have a lot more people that need help than we have people to help them.

byron1955

byron1955

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Wow, you are right; it hasn't been three days yet. I thought it had been for some reason. I'm sorry. Sorry for any inconvenience.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It's ok - it probably seems longer when you're waiting. If you don't get helped before then, definitely post in the waiting room.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Hey guys, I notice that *most* the Moderators, Tech Staffs, Administrators, etc. have an image in their signatures that look like this:

Posted Image

I was just wondering if you have an option to get these when you become a mod or trusted staff...

EDIT: Sorry Sari: Not sure If I'm allowed to use yours as an example...

Edited by piano9playa5, 06 December 2008 - 03:06 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Once you become staff, these become an option. It's only available to staff members. It's ok that you used mine.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
K, thanks :)

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Hey, I was just wondering if I found an error on the site or if I have to wait for something but anyways:

When I try to edit my Personal Statement, I type what I want in and then hit save settings; it takes me back to the forum home. Then when I look at my profile I see that it still says:

"piano9playa5 doesn't have a personal statement currently."

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait for it to be checked by an admin or seomthing first??

Anyways, thanks..

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Hey, I was just wondering if I found an error on the site or if I have to wait for something but anyways:

When I try to edit my Personal Statement, I type what I want in and then hit save settings; it takes me back to the forum home. Then when I look at my profile I see that it still says:

"piano9playa5 doesn't have a personal statement currently."

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to wait for it to be checked by an admin or seomthing first??

Anyways, thanks..

Piano9playa5:

I just edited mine to check to see if there was anything amiss. Did you somehow exceed the 300 character max for the Personal Statement? I am unaware of any rule that says you have to wait to have anything typed in your profile checked by an admin - Just be aware of the TOS, and the GeekU Rules, and make sure that you do not place anything there that coud violate it. It could be that if you exceeded the maximum, and this could be the issue, but I am only making an educated guess here :)

Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you're still having troubles, perhaps doing a hard refresh might do the trick. Press CTRL + F5 and try again.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Well I'm positive that I'm not over 300 characters here, because I was already suspecting that so I tried a test with 5 characters just to see... but nothing has changed...

I'll try the refresh and update this post in a few seconds......

UPDATE: Nothing new, still the same old thing...

I'm running out of ideas here... I have two thoughts:

One: I can't update certain information due to GeekU = Not possible as **Brian**'s works fine

Two: I have already updated it and only I can't see it... Someone want to check?

--Thanks for you help guys
-piano9playa5

Edited by piano9playa5, 10 December 2008 - 09:18 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

piano9playa5 doesn't have a personal statement currently.

Not working yet. Have you cleaned out your temp files? Perhaps try a different web browser?

Troy