Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

Bennie_boy

Bennie_boy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Bennie_Boy is what me best mate calls me lol i hated it at school but dont mind it so much now lol

Advertisements

Grit1

Grit1

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hello All,
Grit is a name I use often as a label. One of my pursuits is trying to be a professional stats-based cyberpunter (not a mug one). Winning at horse racing is notoriously a hard game and it takes "grit" to persist to the point of moderate success. Another "Grit" is on this forum apparently, so I am Grit1. I use my home puter a lot, am moderately informed and have a bit of geek in me, but lack confidence with very technical aspects, particularly with network issues, and thought somewhat belatedly to link up with some good geeks who enjoy exhibiting their skills in helping the less fortunately endowed. :)

Cheers

Mathax

Mathax

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Hi, Goes to stand in the Crowded corner with everyone else.

I actually got my nick from a misspell of my original name. When I started playing AOE2 With a friend of mine I misspelled my name and didn't notice it until I was in the game.
Then it kind of stuck.

Where are the drinks?
Oh wait here they are.... :) :)

texasredneck

texasredneck

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I got mine cause i was born in TEXAS thirty odd ears ago and my wife asked me if i would like to go back to her hometown in "ok" and i said y-not so here i am in sweetwater ok and everybody calls me the texas redneck cause i always wear a hat or something with the stars and bars on it .

TheFrog

TheFrog

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I got it from Long time ago , junior high or so ... Remember The Muppets Show?Well there was a movie where Kermit the Frog was riding a Bycicle... my legs look the same... no explanation needed...

T3Redundee

T3Redundee

• Pip
  • 0 posts
T3Redundee.
With the 3rd round of Telstra Share Sales T3 (i.e 49%) I took a Voluntary Redundancy from the Greed infested inhuman Company. Alas T3Redundee.

zcheztuzume

zcheztuzume

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi! :)

im zcheztuzume...

my nick is a parasite...

i got my nick from the genus of trematodes, Schistosoma spp., commonly known as blood-flukes and bilharzia, cause the most significant infection of humans by flatworms (schistosomiasis)...

i just changed the letter s into z, i & a into e, and o into u...

i like the word since the day i heard it in school... :)

Caffeine_Powered

Caffeine_Powered

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
I have a wonderful habit of staying until all hours of the night and the only way to make it through the next day (and some times the remainder of the night) is to drink some sort of coffee, tea, soda.

So I'm powered by Caffeine, or Caffeine_Powered

I used an underscore because spaces are immoral :)
and I spelled Caffeine wrong because grammar is the devil.

No but seriously I was convinced I had spelled it right for awhile until I checked and it wasn't :/

Edited by Caffiene_Powered, 18 December 2008 - 05:27 AM.

ausGeoff

ausGeoff

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Um...

I guess mine's not of Einsteinian proportions.

My name's Geoff and I live in Australia.

Cheers :)

hurc

hurc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, this is hurc. How long does it take to get a reply to pc question? New to all this forum stuff.

Advertisements

gr8joel

gr8joel

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
gr8 was from the first clan i was ever in on the ps2, and now we have moved to 360, never been in another clan since. and joel is ma name so yea

gamertag: GR8 JOEL

starlady

starlady

• Pip
  • 0 posts
It's all very silly really... there I was logging on to WBS Young Adult Chat (i.e. one of the very first webchats ever online...) for the very first time and I really wanted to be called Kassandrah (like the Princess of Troy) as I was reading a brilliant book at the time named Firebrand (about the fall of Troy from Cassandras perspective).

But, as chance would have it, that nick was already taken.. what to do? what to do?? :)

I looked through my greek mythology books for a good alternative, and ended up with Cassiopeia, except I spelled it Kassiopeja (which is the Swedish spelling of the name). This way I could still be refered to as Cassie (which has NO reference whatsoever to my real name of course... :) ) so I thought that was neat even though Cassiopeia is not the nicest character in greek mythology exactly. Cassiopeia put her daughter Andromeda out to be eaten by some monster and then Jason showed up and rescued the young lady in distress. Later the gods punished Cassiopeia by placing her upside down on a chair in the heavens, which gives the star constallation Cassiopeia (shaped like a slightly crooked W and not too hard to find in the sky on the northern hemisphere).

In this chat everyone asked me about my nick, why it was spelled wrong ( :) ) or where I got it from. I then added a byline to my nick that displayed in the chatroom saying SwedishStarlady. And people started calling me starlady instead.. or sometimes star... oh well. It's still my most used nick for every purpose including the e-mail addie I use on my CV when applying for jobs.

Long story from the Swedish newbie who really just registred to get som help with that blasted virtumundo-crap, but got caught up in all your stories instead.. :)

oh yeah.. and now there's one more in that busy corner... :) Any meat left for me?

PaulOF

PaulOF

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi,
Well, my name is Paul and I'm an Old Fart. I have used PaulOF since the days of BITNET RELAY, when I was less old but still qualified by temperament , I think, to append the OF. (If you remember RELAY then you too are qualified for the OF suffix I suspect.)

Paul

Kestral

Kestral

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hmm.. I should suggest this kind of thread in my other forum!

Um.. anyway.

My nick, yes. My nick comes from my other forum, RHJunior Webcomics, one of the female characters in the comic Tales of the Questor, Kestral, a artificer and Raconnan, friend of Quentyn, the protagonist. Previously, my nick was Artifactor, but I soon became known as Kestral because that is the nick I used primarily on the IRC chat.

ms_mciver

ms_mciver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi Guys. I am new. Just joined today and have a serious question for a serious problem that i am having with my computer. Can someone tell me where I need to post my question? It has to do with my computer not booting up and I am not sure if its the mother board or something to do with a driver