Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

Noc 662

Noc 662

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Noc is short for Nocturnal....and I got that name because of the fact that I stay up at night and sleep most of the day. 662 are the number you would use to spell out Noc if you are using your phone to text( phones without a QWERTY keypad).

Advertisements

Rosa's Cabin Computing

Rosa's Cabin Computing

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Sorry, my nickname is not very original since it is the name of my business. I have an 1850s log cabin in a little town known as Rosa and when the cabin was abandoned before I purchased it, the town would have workdays to try to maintain the lands around it. So, in honor, I named my business Rosa's Cabin for the town that shares the name and I even took it a step further by creating a lady named Rosa that I use for design of labels and such. Visit My Website

My main business is computer sales and repairs but you would never know it from the website, it seems all I do is sell gifts and antiques.

neakybird

neakybird

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I took the name from my bird Kiwi..he never responded to pretty bird or handsome boy or good baby but one day I told him he was very neaky and he loved it..now he says Kiwi neakybird at the top of his lungs (this tells you something of his attitude :) )

mamasan

mamasan

• Pip
  • 0 posts
mamasan is what my children sometimes call me. I'm 67 years old and new to this forum stuff. I'll have to learn as I go. It looks like I can learn a lot here.

iupitcher

iupitcher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ahh yes, you have comic sans, my favorite font. but i digress before i even get started, and am already off thread.

my nic comes from 27 years ago, (i think) 1982-86 when i pitched as a middle reliever and set up for indiana university, coach bob morgan.

DumbAirhead

DumbAirhead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im a newbie :)
this is my nick coz i really dont know anything about computers! literally.. though im interested to learn :)

roundtangent

roundtangent

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just combined two mutually exclusive things from Mathematics.

SpazRaven

SpazRaven

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I got my nickname SpazRaven back in the day heh when I was playing pc roleplaying games. I didnt like any of the generated names so after awhile of thinking I put the two words together. Glad to have joined the forum, thanks.

GJames

GJames

• Pip
  • 5 posts

So how did you get your nickname/handle/name? I'm admin, um because I'm the site admin. :)

I'm sure many of you have more interesting stories behind your choice of nicks, let's hear them! :)

I think I generated it because it was short when I used card punches years ago.

GJames

GJames

• Pip
  • 5 posts

mamasan is what my children sometimes call me. I'm 67 years old and new to this forum stuff. I'll have to learn as I go. It looks like I can learn a lot here.

Well, join the club... I am 67 for one more week...I've been in computers most of my life.

Some answers i have, some I don't have.

GJAMES

Advertisements

T-rexx

T-rexx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Mine is because of T-rex the biggest dinosaur ever existed, I guess he kicked some prehistoric [bleep], T-rex wasn't available though, and I had to add an extra x.

Herr Dr. Amputhier

Herr Dr. Amputhier

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi all,

having actually read the Family-friendly-forum-rules, I feel obligated to expain my nickname. During many Medal of Honor LAN-parties, we (network- and system administration) played the German roles in team-games. I chose "Herr" because I'm (alpha-)male, "Dr." 'cause I'm precise and Amputier because I'm ... straight forward ... or blunt, as you might say.

... and the name stuck with me.

jeceju07

jeceju07

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi I'm jeceju07 just a co-in than i stumbled upon your wonderful and very helpful website practically knowing how to fix things inside computers or whats making my computer crazy. in short I'm not a geek but i hoped so long ago since i started using computer and still hoping to be one until now he he he he. Any way deep inside I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE STAFF OF GEEKS TO GO and the one who posted the cure to the ever annoying generic host for win32 thing thats been bothering me and causing me to re install my computer many times. THANK YOU ALL GOOD PEOPLE. :) :) :) :) :) :)

traveler818

traveler818

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

So how did you get your nickname/handle/name? I'm admin, um because I'm the site admin. :)

I'm sure many of you have more interesting stories behind your choice of nicks, let's hear them! :)

I m looking for a van to use as a temporary home until I can save up for a small RV. I am disabled and circumstances landed me in a desolate desert town in S. California. My doctor is in the Monterey bay area. When I go to see him, I also visit friends. I take the coastal route from Malibu north to Santa Cruz. It so indescribably beautiful. Once I felt well enough to get as far as Mendocino. That ocean air, the slow windy roads, and the scenery that doesn't quit is profoundly healing. I love to camp, but am old and disabled enough now that I want some comfort, ie an RV. I hope to join an RV Club. I hope to find one with a focus on music. I want to travel the coast in summer and take care of business the rest of the year. Hopefully I can sneak off periodically then too. :)

VoIPTech

VoIPTech

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I am a VoIP administrator for my organisation.... so my nick....so simple as that. : whistling: