Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help for css needed

• Please log in to reply

phoenix123

phoenix123

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
i have a new laptop...Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 - 2GHz (x2), 667MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache
RAM: 2048MB DDR2-667MHz

Hard Drive: 240GB Serial ATA (2x120)
Screen: 20.1" Widescreen TFT (1680x1050 - 16:10)with CrystalBrite Technology
Optical Drive: HD-DVD ROM Drive
Graphics: NVidia GeForce Go7600SE
Wireless LAN: 802.11a/b/g - Call for advice on Wireless Networking
Bluetooth: Bluetooth Enabled
Warranty: 1 Year - Upgradeable to 3 Years!
Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate
Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
Built-In 1.3 MegaPixel Camera
Digital TV Tuner
Flash Memory Card Reader (MMC, MS, MS-pro, SD, XD)
Remote Control Included
anyway... when im playing css i get onto it all fine then when im playing on a server, i experience flickering on the screen... then after about 5 mins of playing the game... my computer completly crashes/freezes... anyway plz help me... all help will me much appriciated.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by phoenix123, 06 October 2007 - 03:28 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi, phoenix123 :)

Let's do some basic checks first...

(1) When did this start?
(2) Has the game ever worked on this computer properly?
(3) Have you tried updating your video card drivers?
(4) Do you have the same or similar problems with other games or applications?
(5) Does this only happen when you play on a server, or does it happen just playing by yourself too? (This game might not have single player, I've never played myself. Just a question :) )
(6) What version of Direct X do you have?
(7) Are there any game patches available from the manufacturer you can install?

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
wll i started playing the game on a laptop with a crap graphics chip... then my mum got a new laptop [see above] the game ran all fone on my old laptop... but only the simple maps worked... then i strted to become good at this game... i was recruited onto a clan but the maps my old computer let me played were the ones for messing around... the clan wanted me to play matches, but i was unable to play them because of my crappy old laptop, so i installed it onto my mjms laptop... it works all fine for 5-10mis but with a constent flickering [varys where on the screen] then it completaly crashes... then shuts the game and tells me that the game engine has stopped working... ill carry on posting this later becuyase im ion detention right now and i will get caught.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, well, when you are done with D-Hall, give us another reply so I can have a full set of answers to my questions.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
wll i started playing the game on a laptop with a crap graphics chip... then my mum got a new laptop [see above] the game ran all fone on my old laptop... but only the simple maps worked... then i strted to become good at this game... i was recruited onto a clan but the maps my old computer let me played were the ones for messing around... the clan wanted me to play matches, but i was unable to play them because of my crappy old laptop, so i installed it onto my mjms laptop... it works all fine for 5-10mis but with a constent flickering [varys where on the screen] then it completaly crashes... then shuts the game and tells me that the game engine has stopped working,
1)this started when i first installed the game [the first time i played this on this system]
2) no it hasnt ever worked properly on this system
3) i have tried updateing the graphics card drivers and there was no update availible, but how do i do the video card drivers [or are they the same... i reletivly new to pc gaming tech]
4) i don't have any other problems with the games that are already installed when you buy the system... i havent installed any other games on it yet though
5) the game doesnt have a single player mode
6) i have the direct x version that comes with windows vista ultimate [dont know what that is sorry... i am posting from a comp at school right now] :)
7) i dont think there are any game patches availible to install.

plz plz help me if u can

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Can you please tell me the exact name of the game you are playing? I'd like to check the requirements for the system as well as search for patches.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
the game is called...

counter strike source

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, and is that exactly what the error message says?

game engine has stopped working

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm trying to give you a very accurate answer :)

(Edit: Rephrased the question)

Edited by Facedown98, 11 October 2007 - 06:02 PM.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
well... umm... i think it says...

hl2 game engine has stopped working... program needs to shut... even though i am playing counter strike source hl2 game engine error comes up... dont ask me why cuz i dont have a clue lol...

i am about 90% sure it says this... cuz im at school in the middle of studying german... so i have no way of being certain of what its saying.

Edited by phoenix123, 12 October 2007 - 02:24 AM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I see. At the end of this message is a support link from Steam, the manufacturer. I only want you to look under the Basic Troubleshooting area, do not proceed to the second category. They apparently have a diagnostic "game checker" utility, which may be able to identify something I can't see. If you have questions or any issues with this, let me know.

To see the article, click here.

Advertisements

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
hey face down... i think i got it... when it crashed when i went to play in it a minute ago it says the display drivers has stopped workinjg but afetr about 30secs-1 min it recovers itself and lets me play... so i go into internet explorer and search "display drivers" and i follow the link onto th nvdia website... i do the automated test thingy and it says there is one availible but i have to download it from acer.com... i follo the link and i download the nvidia up grade... but it is a compreesed folder... i extract all files and... now what do i doooo??????? btw u have been a great help so far... :)... plz help me until the end

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, you'll have to get them from Acer, because for some reason the NVIDIA website doesn't seem to offer them. Can you please link me to where you downloaded? Because some drivers are different, I'd prefer to look at them before I tell you to "look for this or that". If you can just link me to the download page, that's fine with me.

Also, I'm leaving for work very soon, and I'll be gone until about 7:00 PM Eastern Time. I apologize in advance for taking so long to get back with you, but I will do so as soon as I can.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
well ive noticed that... whe n im playing the game... the second core is virtually maxxing out... and the 1st core is idleing between 5%-35%... this seems strange to me and also i got the drivers from http://support.acer-...ok/as_9810.html the nvidia down load and the intel chipset

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Sorry for the wait, been a busy week. First you need to extract that compressed folder to a new folder. I suggest creating a folder on the desktop, and renaming it to something like unzipped. Once extracted, look inside the new folder for Setup.exe ... Is that file present?

Again, sorry for the wait.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
hey ive found out the problem...[at last]
the driver that stops working is called nvlddmkm... then it sometimes recovers... but this is very annying and hard toplay with this problem...

thnks for all your help so far...

but dont giive up yet... what shall i do now