Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help for css needed

• Please log in to reply

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I went to install it but it stoped about half way through and said the setup cpuld not find and drivers or something compatible with the graphics card or summit and it had to cancel...
bearing in mind that u told me to donload the geforce one when i have a geforce go... did u mean this or was it an accident?

Advertisements

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
and if this wasnt enough... i turned that thing off u told me too in the control panel restarted my somputer and now its saying im not running vista ultimate 32but when i quite obviously am!!!

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
That sounds odd and it makes no sense. It is Series 7:

http://www.nvidia.co...ge/go_7600.html

Is Vista a Clean Install or an upgrade in that computer? Did you run the detection utility?

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
but where abouts do u download the drivers from on that page and whats the detection utility

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Select Option 2 here:

http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Try this driver:

ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/asp....15.10.9759.zip

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Hint:

As soon as you use a driver, it gets stored into Vista's driver store. This store is protected so you can't go fiddling in it, even though its visible at c:\windows\system32\driverstore, you can't edit anything in it. What you needed to do is to remove the driver from the store so it would copy it again from where you downloaded the driver. Even if you specify update driver, if it thinks its the same as the one in the store, it will use the stored one, and you will end up with an outdated driver.

Before activating the Setup program, uninstall the device in Device Manager and the driver should be removed from the driver store. Then remove previous nVidia installations from the Add/Remove programs

Once done run Setup.exe from the Video nVidia G73M, G72MV 7.15.10.9759 downloaded folder.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
ive done all of that and its hardly made a differance??? so y is it doing this...
remember that the whole cause of this annoying cash is that "Display Driver nvlddmkm stops responding"

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Hi, phoenix123 :)

Other than to tell you that the consensus in the internet is that this driver is troublesome, I don't see what else to do. The version in the download is Version 97.59. Check your Device Manager. Right click on the Display adapter and select properties. Is that the version displayed therein?

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
yep... thats the driver thats installed ok... but is there a way of fixing it

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts

yep... thats the driver thats installed ok... but is there a way of fixing it

Other than replacing the adapter with a better one, I am afraid there is not. Some games need a better graphic driver. The one in your system has proven to be troublesome.

phoenix123

phoenix123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
but surly you can do something because all it does is stop responding ad then it sucessfully recovers

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts

but surly you can do something because all it does is stop responding ad then it sucessfully recovers

The problem seems to be by design. There is nothing we can do about it.