Remove Antivirus 2009

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

thirteen

thirteen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all. My son's pc is running XP with IE7 and Avira Antivirus. It seems that he has come across this Antivirus 2009 as well. I followed the initial instructions and downloaded the Malwarebytes' removal tool. However, the virus was not allowing me to do the update for it--as it stated a 'connection could not be established.' I then decided to run the removal tool without doing the update. As a side note, the virus was also not allowing me to boot into safe mode--only restarting my pc each time I try. Anyways, the scan completed and it found multiple issues, which were deleted. It then asked to restart the pc to remove the remaining problems. Windows restarted and his normal wallpaper returned for a moment, then disappeared to a plain blue wallpaper--with his desktop booting up normally. Pop-ups and other icons from the infection are now gone. I then tried to access the internet and received a 'dns error,' on any site I try to connect to. I'm obviously not using that pc at the moment. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
thirteen,

Your best bet would be to post a hijackthis log in the Malware forum. It's possible there are some infections lingering that are affecting your access and your wallpaper.

thirteen

thirteen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

thirteen,

Your best bet would be to post a hijackthis log in the Malware forum. It's possible there are some infections lingering that are affecting your access and your wallpaper.

Any ideas on how to do that considering I have no connection to download the hijackthis tool or post the results log with that pc?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Well, you are presumably on another PC. :) You should be able to download HJT to that computer, and then copy it using a USB drive, floppy, or CD.

Mr Happy

Mr Happy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You guys rock ... a big thanks for posting this forum. I too had the antivirus 2009 pop ups ... no restore points and could not do the Mircosoft update. Read your suggestion to use the malwarebytes anti-malware. It worked like a champ, so a big thanks to all you geeks for your help.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Mr Happy, thanks for letting us know, and I'm glad everything is ok now. :)

dekusvamp

dekusvamp

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I actually laughed at the picture. "Google recommends you to active av2009", thats really bad. They couldn't have done it any better?
Anyways, av2009 is a pain to delete if you dont know how, so thanks for posting.

m8dman

m8dman

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
UH Oh heads up guys antivirus 2010 has been showing up for some people..

Danneroo

Danneroo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
My Antivirus 2009 troubles are gone! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with this guide; very happy!

Kindest Regards, Dann

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Danneroo,

Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know. I'm glad this took care of it for you.

Advertisements

NigelR

NigelR

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have triedf all the methods of removing Antivirus 2009 and none of them seem to be working. Could someone give me a hand to try and remove it from my computer?
Would be much appreciated.
Nigelr

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

kaunyin88

kaunyin88

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
:) I think I accidentally opened the antivirus2009 onto my computer. I have the McAfee Total Protection on my computer. I also loaded the Trojan Remover onto my computer and that seems to help. The problem is, I'd like to be sure all of the malware is removed from my computer. Can someone help me to be sure that all of the virus is removed from my system? Should I load the Malwarebytes to my system?
Thanks.

Update 1-31-09:
At first the malware removal process looked intimidating. Since I was desperate and needed to be sure my computer was virus free, I went through the steps. Thank you so much for this site. The MBAM program found viruses on my computer that were from, everyday use, prior to the AntiVirus 2009 infection that I wasn''t even aware of. Thanks again.

Edited by kaunyin88, 31 January 2009 - 02:31 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Dannz

Dannz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello!
I just want to tell you guys how amazing you are. Seriously anytime i have problems with my computer i just come to this forum and theres a topic about my problem already and how to fix it!
I was freaking out with this Antivirus 2009. Thank you so much for this guide on how to remove it =). Now im free from this virus and using my computer normally =)))!

Thank you once again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.