Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Get to know your Geeks to Go staff!

• Please log in to reply

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Username: Michelle (formerly known as Bananafanafo)
Profession: Self-employed, college student
Interests: computers :)
I found Geeks to Go through Google when my browser was hijacked. Sweet revenge :) :tazz:

I'm majoring in Computer Science. I finally was talked into changing my username from bananafanafo to Michelle! ;) And, that is all I can think of at the moment.

;)

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Username: Crustyoldbloke
Status: Total amateur, but I always get there, never could put a time on it
Profession: Paralegal
Nationality: English
Moderates: The family
Other forums: Previously Tek-Tips
Interests: Golf, Golf and Golf in that order ;)

I used to enjoy offering tips to other PC users but unfortunately health became a major issue for me, and I gave it up a while ago. I am now diagnosed as having Menieres Disease (perhaps I should have called myself Dizzyoldbloke) and I became interested in malware when friends started delivering machines to me for cleaning.

My interest in computers was about the same time as Mr Babbage (Yes I had a Sinclair ZX80) around 1979-1980. I am completely self-taught (I think that shows), and I like to take on new tasks that I know nothing about (most things). :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Username: ~Kat~

Real Name: Kat! (ok ok...my legal name is Kathie Jo, but I absolutely HATE it) I've been called Kat or Kitty since I was little. :)

Moderates: Everything and Everyone! I see everything. ;)

Profession: Self-employed, doing contract work for Chris Pirillo and ThunderIT inc

Interests: my daughters, my 'boy'friend, computers, camping, fishing, hiking, OUTDOORS, reading, singing and just hanging out with my pets in the peace and quiet. I am a true Pisces, and I am most happy when I'm on or in the water...doesn't matter if I'm boating or swimming. I actually enjoy tons of different things, and will try most anything once...as long as it isn't illegal or painful. :tazz:

Other Forums:
247Fixes:Administrator
Atribune.org Emissary
Newbie.org: Moderator
Gladiator: Expert
Bleeping Computer: Malware Team
Spywareinfo: Ambassador

Proudest Moment: Being named a 2003 Coca Cola National Scholar via the Community College I was attending. A very close second was being elected the Illinois Regional President for Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society for 2004. Tied with that is being named a Microsoft MVP!! ;)

Favorite quote:

~Laugh like no one can hear you, Dance like no one is watching, and Love like you've never been hurt.

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
Username:: Kristy
Profession:: Student
Interests:: Running, going to the beach, swimming, computers, and hanging out with friends.

How did you find Geeks to Go?:: Doing a search through google

Other: I have always been interested in computers. I first used a computer at age 8, and taught my parents how to use it. I would just look around the start menu and such and click on everything, surprisingly I didn't mess anything up. All I really did was change the wallpaper on accident. My parents then yelled at me saying I broke the computer lol. I plan on majoring in the feild of computers. I'm going to be a senior in high school this year. If you wan't to know anything else just ask.

~Kristy

Edited by Kat, 29 January 2008 - 03:09 AM.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Username: Justin
Profession: Student at the University of Arizona, majoring in Biology (Biomedical Sciences), minoring in chemistry and maybe classics
Birthday: March 21
Interests: Computers, Rock Climbing, Electronics, Video Games
Music: Country and some rock

OSC

OSC

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 301 posts
Username: OSC
Profession: IT guy for a agriculture company
Moderates: atribune.org
Other forums: bleepingcomputer, spywareinfo, and others
Interests: Weather, home improvement, anything computers, gaming, camping, family time.
IM: [email protected] (don't ask how I got that name) :tazz:

I'm a person of few words, so that's all I got!

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
User Name; Trevuren

Position: Anyone that keeps my neck from hurting after so many at the keyboard

Sorry: Expert Malware Remover at Geeks, SWW at TC, irst Responder at CC, some work out of Malware Removal.

Passion: This junk

Empty Nester with 2 dogs one of which I have on my Avatar. For those that may be interested, the name of the breed is Tervuren and they are Belgian Sheepdogs (Not common). I just changed a couple of letters in my name.

Need advice: Try me, if I can't answer, I'll try and steer you in the right direction.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
username: Guse
profession: IT Support in a manufacturing facility
interests: computers, games, bowling, football (lots and lots of american football)
discovered geekstogo: Was trying to clean my father-in-law's computer from an about:blank infection, got horribly stuck and stumbled on this site (where Greyknight helped me). Was hooked after that.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Username: Rawe

Other malware forums: HJT Staffer at BleepingComputer, and active member of other security forums.

Found Geekstogo: Google ;)

Interests; Computers, reading.. Well malware obviously :tazz:

Registered to Geekstogo on April 2005. I got the idea of helping from the official Lavasoft forums.

I don't have much to tell about myself. Going school and had a nice christmas and a good new year...

Hope to see ya'll 'round the forums!

miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts
  • MVP
Ok, My turn now..

Username: look to the left.

Other malware forums: SWI, Bleeping Computers, CastleCops, Net Integrations, ASO, Bluemedicine ( my dutch forum ), TC, Malware research and some others..

Found Geekstogo: Matt told me. I was a O23-list moderator at his previous forum.

Interests: tinkering, drawing, sleeping, being a nuisance...

Music: Starting with the good 'old' 80's music, metal, punk, ska, oi! Well, everything that rocks actually.

And... in love with my 3 lovely dogs.. :tazz:

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Username: Tampabelle
Education : Engineer, MBA
Profession: Ex-banker, currently undergoing mid-life crisis and goofing around for a year
Birthday: January 1, 1972
Interests: Photography, Tennis, Formula 1, Cricket
Music: Rock

Came to Geeks to Go first time when I had aurora. Came again when my sis-in-law had some Dr.Watson problem. Signed on with GeekU and rest is history.

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Ok my turn :tazz:

Username- John_L
Real Name- John L
Status on Board- Visiting Consultant
Education- One year college--attend various courses throughout the year trying to get my employer to pay for microsoft certification course.
Profession- Water treatment plant operator
Location- Alberta, Canada
Birthday- August 1st, 1965
Interests- Seems lately nothing but computers!!!!!!!!!! argh!!
Music- Pretty dedicated to hair metal (Ozzy, that sort of thing) If I had to listen to opera i would rather cut off my ears...lol

Been with geeks only for a short time, do a lot of reading and finding new things on how to approach different varients of infections. Have met some great people here and looking forward to meeting more ;)

I spend the majority of time at my stomping grounds, Newbie.org where I am a global mod, and spend very little time up at Atribune.org mainly as a chatter.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i guess since I've been staff for a little while now i might as well, as the homies say "hollah back"

Username- <------- it's right there
Real Name- Dave
Status on Board- General Naredo-well who sucker..er um convinced (through my great skills) the team to bring me into the fold
Education- Associates of Applied Sciences - Computer Networking Systems, ITT
Profession- Network administrator
Location- Knoxville Tn
Birthday- 3/16/82
Interests- Rock climbing, swimming, boating, hiking, being outside in general, explosives, computer stuff, general malfeasance and mayhem

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Username : Samm

I've been repairing & building computers for about 9 years in between which I spent 4 years doing a BSc(HONS)Computing degree at uni. I stumbled across this site a few months ago by accident & have stayed here ever since!

Interests (apart from computers) : electrics/electronics, the paranormal, martial arts, fencing, my car & my two beautiful but completely derranged oriental cats :tazz:

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Username: Excal
Profession: Retired Police Officer, Part-time Teacher Aide
Nationality: American
Moderates: Geek U
Other forums: Besttechie, 247fix forums, Newbie, Atribune, CastleCops and Bleepingcomputer
Interests: My Boys, Killing Malware, Watching Movies, Coaching Baseball/Soccer, not much more :)

Always tinkered around with computers and everyone seem to bring them to me...doh. Well my sister ended up getting the nasty Little Aurora infection, and I was shocked that I couldn't fix it. Thats what landed me here at GTG and I have been here learning from Malware gods/goddesses like Pieter, Mieke, Atribune, Michelle......I could keep on going on and on. This is a great place. The people here are like family :)
Thanks Geekstogo for giving me a home :)

I am a single dad and have two wonderful boys ages 8 and 12 who live with me full time. They are my world :ph34r:

Thanks for looking :ph34r:

:tazz:

Excal