Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Get to know your Geeks to Go staff!

• Please log in to reply

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
>.> <.< ... Guess I'm next! :)

Username: Steamhead
Real Name: Michael ... or Mad Mike ... whichever you prefer :)
Profession: High School Student ...
Interests: Computers! , Soccer Basketball Football etc.

I've been active here since about Aug. 2005 .. that's when Excal helped me clear out this nasty little thing I had, and I've been hooked ever since! I join Geek-U because I wanted to learn about this as much as I can, and all I can say is that I've still gots a long way to go :tazz: !!

Advertisements

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
Username: MasterJ
Profession: Student
Education: Senior in High School (Can't wait to graduate)
Interests: (Not in order mind you :) ) Malware removal, Church, Friends, Family, Can't wait for college next year, Learning as much as I can (malware and otherwise).
How I found G2G: Got infected with winfixer/vundo in August. Found GeeksToGo through google. After I got clean, I decided I wanted to help out. Now here I am.

If you want to chat sometime, shoot me a PM.

MasterJ :tazz:

andydf

andydf

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,660 posts
Figured it's about time I added myself to this thread :)

Username: andydf
Profession: former steel fabricator turned draughtsman using tekla structures software.
Interests: Beer, Malware removal, wife, kids and more beer,

Andy :tazz:

Matt.F

Matt.F

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 512 posts
Username: Matt.F
Profession: Full-time student, but I work as an After Care Staff member at a local school (3rd & 4th graders mostl)
Education: Currently a Junior English-major with a Literature concentration
Interests: Computer, school, TV, my girlfriend Kristin, etc.
How I found G2G: Saw it mentioned in another forum (non-tech), and checked it out. Decided I wanted to learn how to remove malware so I joined up with GeekU!

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Username: computerwiz12890
Profession: Full-time student, but I am self-employed. I fix computers, of course. From the day I started 1 year ago till today, I've had 57 customers.
Education: Graduated from High School. Moving on to Tech College.
Interests: Computers, Video Games, Robots, Sci-fi, Collectables (coins, cards, etc.), photography, animals, religion, programming, and did I mention computers?
How I found G2G: I was working on a computer that had the dreaded Winfixer. I could not solve it, no matter what I did. I did some research, and found GeeksToGo. It was love at first sight. :tazz:

Edited by computerwiz12890, 17 June 2006 - 06:18 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I guess it's time for me to post here now :whistling:

Username: Umm, it's over there at the left
Age: According to therock247uk, today is my 27th birthday, so I'll go with that
Status: For some reason, they thought I was capable, so I'm an admin and GeekU teacher
Profession: I am a domestic goddess. I also have a part-time job as the IT department for my husband's company, which means I'm server admin/desktop support/webmaster/hardware tech and anything else you could think of. It's a small company, which is why I can get away with working part-time.
Education: Master's Degree in Telecommunications Management
Interests: Well, computers, obviously. I also play bad golf, and spend much time transporting and watching my 2 daughters at their various activities (well, not always an interest, but certainly takes up much of my time!). I also really like music, especially listening to new bands, and my husband and I go to a lot of concerts. I love to cook, as well. I have a dachshund named Penny who is more demanding of my time than my daughters.
How I found G2G: I already belonged to several other forums, but a lot of my online friends had made Geeks to Go their home, so I settled in here as well. I'm an admin and/or helper at several other forums.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
OK, I'm SRX660.

How did i pick my name? It comes from my custom Yamaha motorcycle. A single cylinder sportbike made for just a few years.

Occupation: I work in the Utilities dept of a city near Saint Petersburg, Fla. I have ended up being their computer tech for the Scada system that runs the waste water system and another scada system that runs the water system. I also seem to have the most experience at running water and wastewater systems with 18 years of operations. I also started a very small computer shop that specializes in hard to find new parts.
Hobbies: Older 70's Motorcycles, custom 3 wheeler motorcycles like the roth rubber ducky trike. Love doing home remodeling with a great interest in computer integration into the home.
Computer education: absolutely none, i am completely self taught by buying a bunch of old computers at a auction and trying every possible combination to make them work. This was getting so expensive i finally had to open a shop and start charging others for my experments. So far i'm barely breaking even but some people are liking my experments in desktop suitcase computers, and computers integrated into the house.

Like some others here i was roaming all over the net looking for more information and input on computers and i found this place. While there are a few other forums similar to this one, i was struck by the personality of this forum. So i figured that if i kept coming back here they would either have to ban me or invite me in. Guess i got lucky, EH!

I'm still learning and hope to never stop.

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
Username: SilencedMessage
Profession: Cook
Education: Graduating from High-School
Interests: Computers, Cooking, Music.. anything to do with music
How I found G2G: I was infected with a few things, and got great help. I searched around and found out about GeekU, then decided to join up. :whistling:

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
Username: thenotch
Profession: System Admin/IT Coordinator

Interests: US Civil War History, Playing Guitar, Bible Study, Web Design/Development
About Me: I am married, have two kids (12 and 5 with one on the way), US Army veteran (1985-1996), VFW Member, and Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War member. I play guitar in a local Christian blues/rock band as well as at my church, Mid-Rivers Baptist and have been playing guitar since I was 16.
How I found G2G: I seriously do not remember...
Computer education: I was a Computerized Tactical Satellite operator in the Army in 1985 when the computer as on the back of a deuce and a half. We had a IBM XT in the command center (it had two 5 1/4" floppies drives, 64KB of memory and a green monochrome monitor) and I got real interested in it and started learning as much as I could. I eventually took some computer classes from Central Texas College. The rest of my knowledge is self learned over the years and while I was at my last job for the Army I got A+, Network+ and LPIC-1 certified.

Edited by thenotch, 12 March 2007 - 08:01 AM.

logreeval

logreeval

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
Username: logreeval
Profession: Student
Education: 9th Grade
Other Forums: registered at 247fixes, BestTechie, Spyware Terminator, http://logreeval.bb2.org/
Interests: Computers :whistling: , Bowling, Basketball, Watching Family Guy
How I found G2G:Searching around for Anti-Spyware/Virus help.

Advertisements

jurgenv

jurgenv

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 230 posts
Username: jurgenv
Profession: Full-time Student

Other Forums: registered at BestTechie, Trusted Advisor @ Spyware info, Slyware Senior @ TomCoyote, HJT Team @ Bleepingcomputer, security helper @ Bluemedicine, Qualified helper @ Nucia (formely ASO), 1st responder @ Castelcops, malware research,...
Interests: Computers; soccer, music
How I found G2G: I saw this site on google. :blink:

I started this at me 15th age and still killing scum. :whistling:

BMThor

BMThor

Visiting Staff

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Username: BMThor
Profession: IT Manager
Education: Paramedic/ICT Management/PC Tech
Other Forums: registered at SpywareInfo, TomCoyote, BleepingComputer, CastleCops, Malware Research, Malware Removal, Security Cadets, Bluemedicine.be, Nucia.nl, Hijackthis.nl, OnlinHelpDesk.be, ...
Interests: Computers, fishing.
How I found G2G: While looking for special fixes. :whistling:

Technical_1

Technical_1

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Username: Technical_1
Profession: Consumer Video Equipment Repair Engineer (TV Repairman)
Education: Associates Degree in Applied Sciences
Other Forums: ThatComputerGuy (Home Forum), CastleCops, Bleeping Computer, D-A-L.
Interests: Computers, Pretty much anything Outdoors, WoodWorking
How I found G2G: I was training at another site and was introduced to GeekU by Trevuren.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Username: 1101doc

Profession: Retired Doctor of Chiropractic (Tour Guide in the sumer: http://www.mackinaci...dhikebike.com/)

Education: BA. MDiv. DC.

Interests: Computers, Digital Photography, Chess, Bicycling, Hiking, Reading (fiction mostly-some history), Poetry, Spiritual Adventures

I just celebrated my one year anniversary with my first computer, a Dell Lattitude C600 laptop. It was given to me as a gift by friends. I had about three months with my computer before I ever got online, so I explored it. Extensively. Got into trouble. Got out. Learned. Learned so much more once I got online. Played. Tweaked. OverTweaked. Tweaked out. Got myself in bigger trouble. Got out. Learned. Mostly the hard way, which is good. I will never make some of those mistakes again. Now, if I can help others avoid some of the pain, I am glad to do so. I also participate at Annoyances, 5 Star, and Tech Support Guy, with occaisional postings at many others where I am registered. I am 1101doc everywhere but Annoyances, where I am DocCrain. You will often see me refer to http://doc1101.vox.com/ where I have posted the essentials of what I have learned so far.

How I found G2G: Sorry, don't remember. Osmosis?

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
Username: Jayzeee

Profession: Technical Operator for television studios

Other Forums: Registered at several, but only really active here.

Interests: Music, I play drums in a Rock/Funk band. I also like to play football from time to time.

How I found G2G: Like many others, looking for help. I was highly impressed with the help I recieved and decided to to join GeekU so I could help others.

Edited by Jayzeee, 20 March 2007 - 06:22 PM.