Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Get to know your Geeks to Go staff!

• Please log in to reply

ldtate

ldtate

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 1,874 posts
  • MVP
Username: LDTate
Profession: Computer Tech at a local school district
Nationality: American

Other forums:WTT, NUTnWorks, MWR, SWI, UNITE and others

Advertisements

handhfan

handhfan

Trusted Helper

• Expert
  • 13,659 posts
Username: handhfan
Profession: Well, I actually don't have a 9-to-5 job. I actually have several smaller jobs. I worked at a local supermarket (my only paying job), at my church, here, and anywhere else I may be needed. Some may call me a workaholic. Oh, and I can't forget school.... :help:
Moderates: Malware Forums
Interests: Oh, dear. Too many things. Computers, humor, playing guitar, playing cards, multimedia, lighting, sound, music, and anything else that is fun.

I do a little bit of everything when it comes to computers. At church, I am the assistant technical manager...even though I've been working longer than most of the others there... and typically do multimedia. This would include everything from lyrics to songs, videos, and PowerPoint Presentations. I also have done lighting and sound. I am currently enrolled to go to the New England Institute of Art outside Boston to study sound as a major.

But, around here, I personally deal with malware, a bittersweet, long friend of mine. I enjoy every minute of it, so don't be afraid if you see me lurking inside your threads. :whistling:

EDIT: Oh, and I can't forget this:

:help: :blink:

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Username: Thunderbird1988

Profession: Student

Interests: Fighting malware, helping people, playing games, making music, chess, and my friends.

Edited by Thunderbird1988, 04 June 2010 - 12:53 AM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Username: Facedown98
Profession: Healthcare IT Support
Nationality: American
Interests: Web design, computers, movies, and cooking

How I found G2G: I found G2G when I was 17 years old and needed to find a solution for a technical issue.

Why G2G?: The contributors here are top-notch and I was impressed by the popularity of the forum. I found that it was interesting and fun helping other people with their technology.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I'd like to take this opportunity to say hello to everyone here at GeeksToGo.

Username: Anzenketh
Profession: Student/Web Hosting Support(Really do Linux SysAdmin work)
Moderates: Nothing
Other Forums: I am registered at plenty of forums, but these are the ones I post at the most.
* What The Tech(TomCoyote Forums)
* Bleeping Computer
* Tech Support Guy Forums
Interests:

* Computers
* Movies

Found GeeksToGo
: Was referred by Tech Support Guy Forums.
Background Information: Been using computers since I was 5 years old as far as I can remember basically. My dad got me working in Linux in 1993. Started Programming at the Age of 8. My first computer language was Qbasic. I started to repair computers because I always broke them and my dad just told me to fix it. I started really getting into computer and Technical support work when I had to find the answer to fix someone else’s problem every day (When I got my Job in Tech Support). I continue to help on my free time because I get to follow though on my troubleshooting. So if I am helping you please post back if my fix worked.

*EDITED:Format and updated info.*

Edited by anzenketh, 27 January 2011 - 01:10 PM.

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Username: RatHat
Profession: Project Manager
Nationality: English

Other Forums: WTT, CastleCops, Malwareteks, Unite............
But G2G is my home, and where I am most active.

Interests: Eating cheese, drinking wine, and taking in the rays!

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Guess I'm overdue

Username: Loophole

Profession: Former accountant (I hate math, go figure) Business consulting now. This year was bad (alot of travelling) Any one know of a job that pays top dollar and you dont have to do anything? :)

Moderates: up above..have visiting consultant status at most boards I care to have it at

Interests: Sports, Patriots losing, Excal getting mad because they lose, Excal crying because they lose, Anything to do with the Pats losing!! taking apart malware, History......and the stock market :)

Discovered GTG: From following Jacee and Metallica around at a few boards and wanting to learn this...GTG is the one that stuck and I'm glad it did

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Username: frantique

Profession: Health Therapist; Administration

Age: That depends on whether I give my age from the inside or outside ... cause they're different. Having my children later in life has kept me very young in mind and body (had my daughter when I was 41, so if you're interested you can do the Math :) ).

Moderates: Myself (well ... I do now :) )

Interests: My children (three boys and a girl - two eldest boys living together in Sydney - daughter 15 yrs and son 18 yrs still at home with me), Computers :) , garden, great food and wine, cooking luscious meals, almost anything outdoors, movies, natural health and healing, reading, finding humour in everthing, lots of voluntary work at my children's school, giving muscle release treatments to seniors for no charge, reading alternative science and geeky stuff, and a great desire to travel overseas in the next four or five years, especially to Paris, US (where I have never been) and maybe live in southern Italy for a while.

Discovered GTG: My computer collapsed and I spent $400 having it repaired. Six months later with 2 teenagers constantly using the net and it started hiccupping so I did some google searches to try and fix it myself and was helped here. I asked a few questions to help me get to know and use it better. Loved the family atmosphere and giving feeling of the site and so hang around in the Discussion Forums as well as avid reading of all forums to increase my knowledge.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Username: Essexboy

Profession: Not any more .. Ex RN Acoustic Analyst, Fleet Air Arm (Seaking MkV/VI)

Location: Cornwall, England ( the pointy bit at the bottom left)

Age: Do you want Physical or Mental as there is a 30 year gap

Interests: Archaeology, History, Crosswords (cryptic only ), Astronomy

Discovered GTG: When I was continually being asked on another Forum that I moderate on how to remove malware. I tried and then found out that I knew nothing. So I looked for a nice place that could teach me and wouldn't shout to loud when I messed up :) And ended up here, where I forgot to leave when they asked me :) . As they couldn't get rid of me they took me to where they could keep an eye on me :)

Lusitano

Lusitano

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 525 posts
Username: Lusitano
Profession: Markting/Sales
Interests: Watching almost any sport, but football (soccer) its my favourite sport.
Forums:
  • Linha Defensiva (Brazil) - Staff Member
  • Bleeping Computers - Senior
Discovered Geeks to Go: Google

I discover the interest for malwares about two years ago when was helping a friend to fix some problems (Vundo).

I speak Portuguese, English and some Spanish and French.

Regards

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Well, I finally got around to getting it done...

Username: Octagonal

Status: Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal forum Moderator and Malware Helper

Profession: Safety Advisor

Interests: Computers (of course), family and friends, most sports and simply just being able to help (both here and in real life). Oh, and I don't mind a beer or two on a hot day.

Other forums: I am registered at a few, although Geeks To Go is home.

How I found G2G: I got interested in reading HJT logs after receiving help from another site cleaning my computer. I found that I could learn the ropes here at Geeks to Go, so I joined up and I am still enjoying it here since 2005.

Edited by Octagonal, 17 July 2009 - 03:35 AM.
Update

eddie5659

eddie5659

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,980 posts
  • MVP
Hiya

Username: eddie5659

Profession: Chemist in a large Pharmaceutical company

Nationality: English

Interests: Obvioulsy computers, but also computer support in general as well as malware removal. Also play an online game called Battlefield 2, and a member of a Swedish clan, with members all over the place. Footy 'Come On You Blues'.....Chester City that is (home town) :) , also beer :)

Other forums: Here and TSG

How I found G2G: After being a Moderator at TSG in all areas of computer support, I wanted a new, fresh challenge. This was recommended as a great online university, so here I am :)

eddie

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Well, I thought I did this before, but once again the Hook assumed :)

Username: Harrythook (AKA the Hook)

Profession: Volvo Technician (dual certified master tech/L1), new car product reporting.

Age: Keeps changing every year, older than most here (not quite 50)

Moderates: Poorly, just ask my wife and friends

Interests: Family, golf, the outdoors, Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs (we breed them), coins, the list is long. Not computers :)

Other forums: At a couple of others, but G2G gave me the education, so most of my time is spent here

How I found G2G: I asked for help (total noob) and did not get it. Looked around and found the school. Sent a note to this awesome lady who let me join. The rest is history.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Username: BHowett

Profession: Organized Retail Crime Investigator

Moderates: Discussion Forums

Interests: My interests are pretty simple… family, work, friends, and helping out on the malware forums.
Also I have a beautiful chocolate Labrador retriever named “Katie” she is a purebred and comes from a long line of working hunt dogs. I hope to soon have her trained and pick up hunting as a new interest :)

Discovered Geeks to Go: I was refered by another malware fighter on webuser (John McKenna)

Other Forums: malwareremoval, whatthetech (formerly TomCoyote), webuser, Bleeping Computer, etc…etc… but Geeks to Go is where I spend most of my time.

Background Information: United States Marine Corps. (Force Recon), Department Of Corrections (S.W.A.T. Team Commander), and currently Organized Retail Crime Investigator.

Personal Note: Everyone you see here is a volunteer, no one is paid. Please remember we donate considerable time, and our expertise to assist you. Be courteous, polite, and say thank you to the person helping you! :)

Thanks for reading…

Edited by BHowett, 07 September 2013 - 06:29 PM.
changed age, getting a bit older

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
Username: andrewuk

Realname: andrew

Profession: Fund Manager

Nationality: British (hence the andrewuk :) )

Moderates: Malware Removal Forum

Interests: reading biographies and investment books, computers, occassional programming, films, talking the issues of the day and righting the worlds wrongs from the safety of my local tavern .....not much sport in there then

Why Geeks to Go?: found this site when i became infected, stayed here ever since.