Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSODs.

• Please log in to reply

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

So AVG is your only Av now?
Did you download it from AVG and is it the newest version which is AVG 2011 Free 10.0.1390?

Yeah I guess so.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Edited by Sergeras, 20 July 2011 - 06:32 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep everything up to date.
The only option I see is that the installation was faulty or a update done right after you installed it may have corrupted the AVG program.
Is this the free version or did you purchase it?

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
It's the free version.The system today has been stable nothing occurred at all.I may switch to avast! or something won't install avira though way too much eating of my resources.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you really attached to it or would you be willing to change to another AV to make sure the AVG will not be the cause?
If you are ok with changing i would suggest first go HERE and get MSE AKA Microsoft Security Essentials.
Then go HERE and get the first link in the list.
Uninstall AVG and them immediately install MSE. You may find your bootup time will be less as well as your system speed may increase. There seems to be a general consensus that AVG is a resource hog and can slow your system down.

WARNING: DO NOT go online till you have the MSE installed as you will have no Virus or Malware protection.

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Are you really attached to it or would you be willing to change to another AV to make sure the AVG will not be the cause?
If you are ok with changing i would suggest first go HERE and get MSE AKA Microsoft Security Essentials.
Then go HERE and get the first link in the list.
Uninstall AVG and them immediately install MSE. You may find your bootup time will be less as well as your system speed may increase. There seems to be a general consensus that AVG is a resource hog and can slow your system down.

WARNING: DO NOT go online till you have the MSE installed as you will have no Virus or Malware protection.

Yeah I switched just now to MSE.But I haven't had AV for quite some time and why would the cause be in the AV?Anyway received a blue just before uninstalling AVG with the remover and I'm starting to think nothing can be done about this except buying a new pc which atm i can't.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If AVG is the cause by uninstalling it then the problem should go away.
It is possible that the previous owner may have tried to uninstall it and part of the program is still there causing the system to BSOD on you.

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

If AVG is the cause by uninstalling it then the problem should go away.
It is possible that the previous owner may have tried to uninstall it and part of the program is still there causing the system to BSOD on you.

There is no previous owner the computer is manually built by me with parts.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK any BSOD's since uninstalling AVG?
Is MSE installed and active now?

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Nothing for now.MSE is working properly.I have used it in the past but I maybe am underestimating it since it never found anything on this computer.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I understand your hesitation but no AV is going to be able to catch everything. There are to many new infections created everyday.
With a AV, Spyware, Firewall and malware program installed along with safe internet surfing habits you can cut down the potential for a infection drastically.
Also another good addon we suggest is WOT or Web Of Trust for your browser.

Advertisements

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

I understand your hesitation but no AV is going to be able to catch everything. There are to many new infections created everyday.
With a AV, Spyware, Firewall and malware program installed along with safe internet surfing habits you can cut down the potential for a infection drastically.
Also another good addon we suggest is WOT or Web Of Trust for your browser.

Okay the system was stable for about a day and a half and just received another BSOD.
On Thu 21.7.2011 ?. 13:26:59 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072111-27253-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: classpnp.sys (CLASSPNP+0x47E9)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x408002A, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF88F8E7E9)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: SCSI Class System Dll
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

PS:I remember changing the sata port of my hdd for some stupid reason from 3 I think to 1 now.I changed it to 3 now and the start up screen shows it doesn't recognize it and determines it its a slave not a primary hdd.

Edited by Sergeras, 21 July 2011 - 07:57 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Two options for this BSOD... Video card or the configuration for the HD in the bios.
I'm going to try the HD first.
You will need to boot into the bios or setup area depending on what your system calls it.
Normally that is achieved by tapping DEL when you first tun your system on. Yours may be F8 or F2.

Once there go into the advanced or hd area.
Highlight your hd and then see if it is set to ACPI/APIC and if so either disable it or change it to IDE.
Let me know if it works.

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Two options for this BSOD... Video card or the configuration for the HD in the bios.
I'm going to try the HD first.
You will need to boot into the bios or setup area depending on what your system calls it.
Normally that is achieved by tapping DEL when you first tun your system on. Yours may be F8 or F2.

Once there go into the advanced or hd area.
Highlight your hd and then see if it is set to ACPI/APIC and if so either disable it or change it to IDE.
Let me know if it works.

In my bios there isn't anything about the hdd but some of these under power options.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I just realized i don't know if this is a desktop or a laptop.

Sergeras

Sergeras

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

OK I just realized i don't know if this is a desktop or a laptop.

:) Some posts ago I said its a manually built computer by me so it's a desktop yeah.