Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer starts on blue screen and reboots all the time

• Please log in to reply

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hi, Maria10.

Here is what you need to do.

• Connect your USB stick to a clean computer.
  • From the clean computer, copy the following and paste it into a Notepad file.

BTHidEnum.sys /s /md5

• Save the Notepad file to your USB stick. Save it as scan.txt
  • Connect your USB stick to the concerned computer.
  • Boot the computer using the boot CD you created the first time (Reatogo).
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • You should be prompted to choose which Windows installation we want OTLPE to scan. If so, expand the D: drive and highlight the Windows folder. Then click Ok.
  • It doesn't matter what you select for the other prompts as we're only scanning for one certain file.
  • OTL should start.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste the contents of the Notepad file that you previously saved to your USB stick (scan.txt)
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved directly under drive D: (D:\OTL.txt)
  • Copy this file to your USB drive.
  • Please post the contents of the D:\OTL.txt file in your reply.

Advertisements

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Contents of latest scan are attached ;)

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.txt   70.7KB   292 downloads

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Ok, let's try the scan again but with a different file to scan for.

vbtenum.sys /s /md5

• Save the Notepad file to your USB stick. Save it as scan2.txt
  • Connect your USB stick to the concerned computer.
  • Boot the computer using the boot CD you created the first time (Reatogo).
  • You should be prompted to choose which Windows installation we want OTLPE to scan. If so, expand the D: drive and highlight the Windows folder. Then click Ok.
  • It doesn't matter what you select for the other prompts as we're only scanning for one certain file.
  • OTL should start.
  • In order to get a much shorter log, please select None for all options.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste the contents of the Notepad file that you previously saved to your USB stick (scan2.txt)
  • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
  • When finished, the file will be saved directly under drive D: (D:\OTL.txt)
  • Copy this file to your USB drive.
  • Please post the contents of the D:\OTL.txt file in your reply.

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi Amlak,

Please find attached the report for scan2.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.txt   25.82KB   257 downloads

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hey, Maria10.

I guess we're going to have to remove all those missing and/or corrupted AVG components and even the Bluetooth drivers (from IVT).

So my question to you is:

Do you have another mouse you can use for the system (preferably USB mouse)? And do you have a CD with the drivers needed for the Bluetooth one?

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi Amlak,

I have removed the wireless mouse and i am using the mouse pad. We can remove everything in order to fix it... no worries about trying to save any file/program in there as i have saved everything i needed from this computer...
I don't need the Bluetooth drivers and AVG.
Also i was wondering if we are able to remove one of Microsoft Windows or we must keep both programs ?
Feel free to remove any corrupted or bad components.

Cheers

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
I can help you get rid of the previous Windows installation eventually, but let's work on the current boot issue first. By the way, just in case we may end up needing it, do you have a Windows XP Professional CD that can be used to repair the installation? It's not a problem now if you don't have one, but it may come in handy eventually as a last resort (hopefully, we don't reach that stage).

Anyway, time for the following instructions:

:OTL
    SRV - File not found [Auto] --  -- (avgwd)
    SRV - File not found [Auto] --  -- (AVGIDSAgent)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | Boot] --  -- (BTHidEnum)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (Btcsrusb)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (BT)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | System] --  -- (Avgtdix)
    DRV - File not found [File_System | Boot] --  -- (Avgrkx86)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | System] --  -- (Avgldx86)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (AVGIDSShim)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | Boot] --  -- (AVGIDSHX)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (AVGIDSFilter)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (AVGIDSDriver)
    DRV - [2011/12/23 08:32:14 | 000,041,040 | ---- | M] (AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.) [File_System | System] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys -- (Avgmfx86)
    DRV - [2007/05/10 23:10:50 | 000,034,704 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\blueletaudio.sys -- (BlueletAudio)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 02:00:04 | 000,027,792 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\BlueletSCOAudio.sys -- (BlueletSCOAudio)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 01:56:18 | 000,035,600 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | Boot] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\BTHidMgr.sys -- (BTHidMgr)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 01:53:18 | 000,044,304 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\VcommMgr.sys -- (VcommMgr)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 01:52:18 | 000,034,448 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\VComm.sys -- (VComm)
    DRV - [2006/11/21 18:41:18 | 000,022,416 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\device\Win2k\BTNetFilter.sys -- (BTNetFilter)
    FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@avg.com/AVG SiteSafety plugin,version=11.0.0.1,application/x-avg-sitesafety-plugin:  File not found
    FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\{1E73965B-8B48-48be-9C8D-68B920ABC1C4}: D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\Firefox4\
    FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\{F53C93F1-07D5-430c-86D4-C9531B27DFAF}: D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\Firefox\DoNotTrack\
    FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\avg@toolbar: D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG Secure Search\11.0.0.9\
    O2 - BHO: (AVG Do Not Track) - {31332EEF-CB9F-458F-AFEB-D30E9A66B6BA} -  File not found
    O2 - BHO: (AVG Safe Search) - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} -  File not found
    O2 - BHO: (AVG Security Toolbar) - {95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233} -  File not found
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (AVG Security Toolbar) - {95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233} -  File not found
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - No CLSID value found.
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [AVG_TRAY]  File not found
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [vProt]  File not found
    O9 - Extra Button: AVG Do Not Track - {68BCFFE1-A2DA-4B40-9068-87ECBFC19D16} -  File not found
    O18 - Protocol\Handler\linkscanner {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} -  File not found
    O18 - Protocol\Handler\viprotocol {B658800C-F66E-4EF3-AB85-6C0C227862A9} -  File not found
    O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG2012\avgrsx.exe /sync /restart) -  File not found
    [2012/05/19 05:22:57 | 000,000,146 | ---- | C] () -- D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\avginfo.id

:FILES
    D:\Program Files\AVG

• Save the Notepad file to your USB stick. Save it as fix.txt
  • connect the USB stick to the concerned computer.
  • Boot the Non working computer using the boot CD you created the first time (Reatogo).
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Paste in the contents of the Notepad file that you previously saved to your USB stick (fix.txt)
  • Press Run Fix.
  • When finished, a text file should pop up.
  • Copy the contents of the text file and paste them in a new text file saved in your USB drive. Call it, for example, fixlog.txt.
  • Close OTLPE and double-click the My Computer icon.
  • Double-click the C: drive.
  • Right-click boot.bak and select Rename to rename it to boot.ini.
  • Please post the contents of the text file (fixlog.txt) in your USB stick in your next reply. Also, tell me what happens when you try to boot into Windows.

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
The computer still starting on blue screen and rebooting non-stop. :rolleyes:

I have attached the fixlog file created for our last scan...

Unfortunately i don't have the Windows XP professional CD, so as you said we leave this issue to deal at a later stage.

Attached Files

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hi, Maria10. You didn't click Run Fix. You click Run Scan instead.

Please repeat the above set of instructions but before you do so, please rename boot.ini (under C:) to boot.bak.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
If I wasn't clear on what I said in my previous post, please don't be afraid to ask for clarification.

Advertisements

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi Amlak,

Sorry, i was asleep :lol: ended up running the scan instead of Run Fix... Anyway, attached the correct fixlog, also i have renamed boot.ini (under C:) to boot.bak.
Now when i start the computer without the REATOGO CD initially i get the safe screen which reads:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully..." continues... and has a count down at the bottom and just after itr goes to the blue screen...

Attached Files

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
No worries.

First of all, did you rename boot.bak back to boot.ini after the OTLPE fix was done? It's essential that you do if you want a chance to get Windows to boot successfully.

If you didn't do so, please do so when you get the chance and motivation. You don't have to do it now if you're too sleepy.

If you already did, then try Safe Mode. If Safe Mode still triggers a blue screen, state the file that is last mentioned when the screen with a list of files comes up. Also, I'd like to know when does the blue screen occur exactly? Is it exactly right after that screen with the list of files? Or does another screen appear before the blue screen pops up?

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi,

Just followed the steps and renamed the boot.bak file back to boot.ini (have not done it before), then i tried to start up the computer at this time i get the ThinkPad welcome screen, then it goes to the Windows screen and straight into the blue screen... and starts it all over again.

So i have started the computer pressing the F8 Key to get into "Safe mode" once in there i choose Safe Mode option and one of Microsoft Windows XP Professional displayed there... get a list of files and the last file listed when choosing safe mode:

Multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Mup.sys

So, right after seeing all the files at this stage the blue screen pops up for a few seconds and the re-booting starts...

cheers

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Thanks for answering my questions. Is it the same blue screen as before?

Just to let you know, I think you still didn't follow my last fix instructions properly. Judging from the last file uploaded, you didn't select the D:\Windows drive upon running OTLPE.

So we'll have to try it again. Please either print down the following set of instructions or save them to a txt file in your USB stick. As I'd like you to carefully follow every point. If there's something confusing about my instructions, just stop where you reached and ask me about it.

Let's give the fix another go:

:OTL
    SRV - File not found [Auto] --  -- (avgwd)
    SRV - File not found [Auto] --  -- (AVGIDSAgent)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | Boot] --  -- (BTHidEnum)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (Btcsrusb)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (BT)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | System] --  -- (Avgtdix)
    DRV - File not found [File_System | Boot] --  -- (Avgrkx86)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | System] --  -- (Avgldx86)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (AVGIDSShim)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | Boot] --  -- (AVGIDSHX)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (AVGIDSFilter)
    DRV - File not found [Kernel | On_Demand] --  -- (AVGIDSDriver)
    DRV - [2011/12/23 08:32:14 | 000,041,040 | ---- | M] (AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.) [File_System | System] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\avgmfx86.sys -- (Avgmfx86)
    DRV - [2007/05/10 23:10:50 | 000,034,704 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\blueletaudio.sys -- (BlueletAudio)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 02:00:04 | 000,027,792 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\BlueletSCOAudio.sys -- (BlueletSCOAudio)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 01:56:18 | 000,035,600 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | Boot] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\BTHidMgr.sys -- (BTHidMgr)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 01:53:18 | 000,044,304 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\VcommMgr.sys -- (VcommMgr)
    DRV - [2007/03/05 01:52:18 | 000,034,448 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\VComm.sys -- (VComm)
    DRV - [2006/11/21 18:41:18 | 000,022,416 | ---- | M] (IVT Corporation.) [Kernel | On_Demand] -- D:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\device\Win2k\BTNetFilter.sys -- (BTNetFilter)
    FF - HKLM\Software\MozillaPlugins\@avg.com/AVG SiteSafety plugin,version=11.0.0.1,application/x-avg-sitesafety-plugin:  File not found
    FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\{1E73965B-8B48-48be-9C8D-68B920ABC1C4}: D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\Firefox4\
    FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\{F53C93F1-07D5-430c-86D4-C9531B27DFAF}: D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\Firefox\DoNotTrack\
    FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\avg@toolbar: D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVG Secure Search\11.0.0.9\
    O2 - BHO: (AVG Do Not Track) - {31332EEF-CB9F-458F-AFEB-D30E9A66B6BA} -  File not found
    O2 - BHO: (AVG Safe Search) - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} -  File not found
    O2 - BHO: (AVG Security Toolbar) - {95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233} -  File not found
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (AVG Security Toolbar) - {95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233} -  File not found
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - No CLSID value found.
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [AVG_TRAY]  File not found
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [vProt]  File not found
    O9 - Extra Button: AVG Do Not Track - {68BCFFE1-A2DA-4B40-9068-87ECBFC19D16} -  File not found
    O18 - Protocol\Handler\linkscanner {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} -  File not found
    O18 - Protocol\Handler\viprotocol {B658800C-F66E-4EF3-AB85-6C0C227862A9} -  File not found
    O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG2012\avgrsx.exe /sync /restart) -  File not found
    [2012/05/19 05:22:57 | 000,000,146 | ---- | C] () -- D:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\avginfo.id

:FILES
    D:\Program Files\AVG

• Save the Notepad file to your USB stick. Save it as fix2.txt
  • connect the USB stick to the concerned computer.
  • Boot the Non working computer using the boot CD you created the first time (Reatogo).
  • Double-click the My Computer icon.
  • Right-click boot.ini and select Rename to rename it to boot.bak. If it's already named boot.bak, please leave it be and move on to the next step.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start.
  • Paste in the contents of the Notepad file that you previously saved to your USB stick (fix2.txt)
  • Press Run Fix.
  • When finished, a text file should pop up.
  • Copy the contents of the text file and paste them in a new text file saved in your USB drive. Call it, for example, fixlog2.txt.
  • Close OTLPE and double-click the My Computer icon.
  • Right-click boot.bak and select Rename to rename it to boot.ini.
  • Please post the contents of the text file (fixlog2.txt) in your USB stick in your next reply. Also, tell me what happens when you try to boot into Windows.

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi Amlak thanks for your patience... Lets try again i might have missed something on the first attempt.

I have done all the process following every step and writing it here to make sure i didn't miss anything at this point...
pls find attached the file fixlog2.txt

Just to make sure i got it completely right :

After double clicking on OTLPE choosing D: WINDOWS i click OK then i get a window "RunScanner" with the question:
"Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning?" I answered YES

Next window "Select User Profile" which gives me the following options:
Kursad
LocalService
NetworkService
systemprofile

Automatically Load All Remaining Users? (ticked on the little box) and i clicked OK

So i got to the OTLPE screen and i didn't modify any of the options on drivers, services, standard registry and extra registry.
I pasted the contents of fix2.txt in the custom scans/fixes and hit the RUN FIX it quickly generates a windows "Information" Fix Complete! Click OK to open the fix log.

So i have saved it on my USB and attached here for you, the blue screen error is the same...(also attached)

After all i renamed boot.bak back to boot.ini. When i try to boot into Windows i get the ThinkPad welcome screen, then it goes to the Windows screen and straight into the blue screen... and starts it all over again. :(

Attached Thumbnails

• Blue screen error.jpg

Attached Files