Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

---The Blue Screen Of Death Strikes Me----

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep verification as I thought. The memory is really bad and needs to be replaced. :(

Advertisements

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I am not sure why but for some reason the installation stopped at 23% and I am unaware of why that happened. My question is, (and please answer) is that suppose to happen? At the moment, I'm waiting further instruction ever since my computer is still in the state currently with the changed drives. I haven't touched any ram or memory yet and I really wish to know if I am going to have to memtest this multiple times. I really am not looking foward to this incredible wait time. Especially considering how the last try was stopped for some reason and found thousands of errors.

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Could it have been the two ports I am using for ready boost? I have taken them out. Also, what is going to happen with the memory? Am I going to have to replace the 8 gigs I have by spending money?

Edited by Delcore, 01 August 2012 - 08:24 PM.

Kaito

Kaito

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Could it have been the two ports I am using for ready boost? I have taken them out. Also, what is going to happen with the memory? Am I going to have to replace the 8 gigs I have by spending money?

That memory is going to be replaced as rshaffer61 has said, that's some defective Hardware (If it's new you can get a replacement,
You should have a Lifetime Warranty with the maker of the Memory though.
(Although that could be based on sending it off to them, and them finding the fault isn't anything you've done to damage it)
I don't think you will need to re-do the test, it's pretty clear it's damaged by the sheer number of errors.

if you want to go down to 4GB ram instead of 8GB ram to save money again, you will need to remove one of the RAM sticks, do the test, if it gets errors like you have, then you know that stick is faulty, then try the other stick of ram, if that's the same, then that's damaged too, if one doesn't give errors you can run your PC off 1 stick of ram.

You should be able to buy some Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB for around £45 though if you'r looking to save money for a new set.

Edited by Kaito, 01 August 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I took out 16gigs of flashdrives and turned enabled ECC mode in bios. Now, I am only counting 18 errors. I will post another image showing the screen. I also took out ready booster and it is no longer in the computer. If this is the case and I have only 18 errors, should I still consider replacing my Memory Sticks?

Thanks.

image to come soon.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK we need to stop for a minute and work on one thing at a time because the last I thought ready boost wasn't on a drive attached to your system. Please finish that part up with Mac before we continue.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Delcore

I have taken over from my good colleague rshaffer61 for the time being.

He will still be subscribed to the topic, but I will be now be helping you.

If you decide to continue with me, this is the way I would like to work.

I will not sign off without telling you when I am going, please do the same for me.

That saves both of us waiting for a reply to our last post, that is not arriving in that session.

Whilst we are working together PLEASE only run what I ask you to, but of course querying anything you are unsure of .

If you wish to continue

Please do the following

1. SHUT DOWN as normal - Disconnect ALL printers camera, mic if separate, external drives, flash pens, etc leaving only monitor, mouse and keyboard.

2. Reboot - does it still crash

3. If so send me the Blue Screen View of ONLY the last crash results from the time of that Reboot.

Copy and paste as before please

4. Download this please the FREE edition and send me the web URL as shown

http://www.piriform....speccy/download

here are the instructions for sending the URL

http://www.piriform....file-to-the-web

Sorry to repeat it, but apart from using the computer as you wish, please DO NOT attempt any other possible solutions OR download and install any updates.

If you are notified of updates please tell me what they are before installing.

If you have automatic updates enabled please change that to notifiy I will choose. etc.

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
This is a new crash

==================================================
Dump File : 080212-18829-01.dmp
Crash Time : 8/2/2012 7:39:14 PM
Bug Check String : BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Bug Check Code : 0x000000fe
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000006
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`0ad71780
Parameter 3 : 00000000`43787254
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : USBPORT.SYS
Caused By Address : USBPORT.SYS+2d27d
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\080212-18829-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 275,648
==================================================

Edited by Delcore, 02 August 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm disconnecting my printer and microphone. I am now going to re-boot my computer. This may take 3 or so minutes to minute. Also, the second link you found me, Google chrome can't find it.

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi, I'm still a little confused when you say send me the url, what exactly do you mean?

Advertisements

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
1. Yes, what has been requested has been unplugged.

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
No warnings

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
http://speccy.pirifo...DBXqU6Mj2frc7fX

Delcore

Delcore

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I know your mind is really set on this but do you think it could me my memory? I only found 18 errors previously as I mentioned from the last memtest after unplugging some flash drives.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes it can be the memory as I said and I still believe that. I'm just wanting to make sure for you. I am 99.9999% sure it is your memory.