Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can update and or uninstall this driver??????????? Its been days and I am not getting an answer .. was told they weren't replying or responding bc they were waiting for me to update driver but how was I suppose to know this if no one gives me any kind of feed back?? :(

Had someone told me they were waiting for me to update them on the driver situation then I would of known that the silence and no one getting back to me was bc they were waiting for me to do the update ...

I am still waiting ............

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I didn't get a notification of your update, sorry.

What is the make and full model number of your computer please?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Dell ... Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

Model number Dell XPS 400

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Several possible video devices. Please open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters and tell me what video device you have?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Looks like this is the one you want for Windows XP:

ATIRadeonX300SE.jpg

Get it here: XPS 400/Dimension 9150

Set Operating System to Windows XP then download the driver I show above, see if that helps.

Do you have Roxio?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Done ....

Yes i believe I have Roxio .. how can I be for certain?? But I think I do.

Edited by Lexy610, 11 February 2014 - 08:52 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If the driver update doesn't fix the problem, try uninstalling Roxio or at least disabling all of it via msconfig.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
I havent had the original problem stated on this thread. I just keep getting the run time error for my iTunes and it wont let me update my itunes ...

Edited by Lexy610, 11 February 2014 - 09:09 PM.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
There were other updates that were recommended for my computer which I only did the ones marked "urgent" .. however this one

TSST TS-H353B HH SATA 16X DVDROM, v.DW30, A09
(Firmware)
Recommended
3/10/2010
DW30, A09
Previous Versions
Description
This package provides the TSST TS-H353B HH SATA 16X DVDROM Firmware Update and is supported on Dimension Desktop, Inspiron Desktop, Optiplex more…

I cant seem to update bc I dont know what to do once I d/l it .. it asks me to open file but have no idea what file they are referring too ..

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can try this to update drivers.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
If you want you can post screenshots of all the drivers in the list that need to be updated and I will suggest in what order to get them.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Thank you so much .... I tried the link you provided for DriverMax and it takes me to a blank page saying "The system cannot find the file specified." So I went to download.com and d/l it from there.

Also the run time I am getting for my iTunes .. do you know how I can fix that? If I uninstall it will I lose my library and all my contents?

Edited by Lexy610, 12 February 2014 - 10:37 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried to update Itunes or backup your library first then uninstall Itunes? Then you can reinstall it and merge in your backed up library with all your data again. Download.com should have the newest DriverMax there as I just updated mine this morning. I have been using it for a couple of years now with no problems so far.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
I cant open iTunes .. it wont open. So I cant update it or back it up :(

Edited by Lexy610, 12 February 2014 - 11:26 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can move the library or copy it to another location. HERE is the instructions from Apple.