Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to add Windows 10 Pro client to a 2012 R2 domain

Active Directory Windows Server Windows 10 AD Server 2012 R2

Best Answer Rikai , 19 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

I have found the issue.  For some reason, there was a problem with SMB/CFIS on this machine. Disabling this feature, restarting, enabling, and restarting again fixed it. I have joined the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

I have a virtualized network running on a dedicated server. The host is 2012 R2 Datacenter edition running four virtualized 2012 R2 Datacenter clients. I decided to completely rebuild my network after making a few changes. I have the /30 IPv4 network running via a bridge, giving me four IPs instead of two (gateway plus a client). I also have IPv6 running, which is working flawlessly (native IPv6 to my home router).

I am able to add Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 clients without any issues. However, I receive an error stating the network path could not be found whenever I try to add the Windows 10 client. I have verified all settings, including authentication credentials, DNS settings, and IP settings. All devices have both IPv4 and IPv6. All clients were added from the same network using the same settings (DHCP with DNS set to the IPv4 and IPv6 servers).

I receive an error stating the network path could not be found. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Rikai

Rikai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Slight bump. Also, I noticed this error appears whether I use the proper domain credentials or not. How odd.

EDIT: This issue may be related to an issue with NetBIOS on Windows ten:

C:\Users\Matt>net view <IP>
System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

C:\Users\Matt>net view <hostname>
System error 53 has occurred.

The network path was not found.

C:\Users\Matt>ping <hostname>

Pinging control2.ds.rikairchy.net [IP] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from IP: time=119ms
Reply from IP: time=120ms
C:\Users\Matt>net view
System error 1231 has occurred.

The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

Edited by Rikai, 17 December 2015 - 09:35 PM.

Rikai

Rikai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
✓  Best Answer

I have found the issue. 

For some reason, there was a problem with SMB/CFIS on this machine. Disabling this feature, restarting, enabling, and restarting again fixed it. I have joined the client without any further issues