Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

so slow (Resolved).

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 27 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

Download then run the Windows All in One Repair (free)  from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a ne... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Sorry to interfere, dustypink, but I think you probably need to click on File (at top left of screen in Speccy) followed by Publish Snapshot, in order to get the URL Phill wants..

Hope this helps. I know how scary and confusing this stuff can be, if you aren't used to it. :)

Chris.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thanks Chris  :thumbsup:

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

I can not paste onto this forum

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Just to clarify, are you saying you cannot copy and paste on your computer at all, or only that you cannot paste the url here?

Chris.

EDIT:

Can you usually copy and paste okay?

Just to double check that you are doing everything correctly, please check the following stages: -

Do you get the following boxes come up?: -

First, when you click 'Publish Snapshot, do you get this box?'

speccy1.JPG

Then after clicking 'Yes', do you get this one: -

speccy2.JPG

You can then copy the url onto your clipboard, either by right-clicking on the url as you would normally do, or by clicking 'Copy to Clipboard'. Or, to get to a screen the same as the screenshot which Phill posted, you can click on 'Open in Browser'. You can then copy the url  from the top of the page.

Assuming though that everything above has been done correctly and that you had already got the url on your clipboard, you should just to able to copy and paste it into your message as you would normally do, either by right-clicking on your mouse or by clicking 'Control' and the letter 'v' at the same time.

To test whether 'Copy & Paste' is otherwise working normally, open  "Notepad", type something, highlight it and  and try to copy it. Space down a few lines and then try to paste it. Can you do that? If you cannot do it for some unknown reason, then I will have to leave it to Phill to help you out as I have no idea what the problem could be.

Good luck anyway.

Chris

Edited by Channeal, 17 June 2016 - 12:31 PM.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...oqnMWJSwsnKvnGX

ah thanks I did the control v

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

That's good news, dustypink. :thumbsup:

I am happy that I was able to help, albeit in a very small way. :)

Chris.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thanks for assisting dustypink Chris  :thumbsup:

Speccy is still showing the presence of Avast, namely AvastVBox COM Service, please try manually deleting this;

Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8) 

Copy/paste sc delete AvastVBoxSvc

Press Enter/Close the command prompt.

Download Chrome from here and once installed be sure to set it as the default browser.

NB: Can you also check that Windows Defender is running as Speccy shows it to be stopped, this does happen sometimes even when Defender is actually running.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Sorry Phill, am interfering again! :(

Just in case dustypink doesn't know how to open a command prompt, this link might help: -

http://www.howtogeek...-in-windows-8.1

Chris.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

how do I check if windows defender is running?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Not at all Chris, appreciate your input  :thumbsup:

Have you removed the Avast software and downloaded Chrome as suggested dustypink.

To check that Defender is running, see the toms guide steps that are copy/paste below;

Step 1
To start, you will have to find the Defender app on your system. To do this, use the key combination of the Windows Key and Q. This combo will launch the search function on your system. Type “defender” into the resulting search bar.

If you are using a tablet, you can find the search menu by swiping in from the right-hand side of the screen. 

Step 2
When Windows Defender shows up as a result for your search, tap or click on it to launch the program. If the program isn’t turned on, you will be greeted by a dialogue box telling you so. If the program is turned on, it will open and you will be able to edit the security settings.

Step 3
If Defender is off, go back to the search function from step 1 and type in “action.” Select Action Center from the results. A new menu will open where you can see your security settings, including options for spyware and virus protection. Both will tell you that Defender is turned off, and both will also feature a button that says “Turn on now.” Click one of them to enable Defender. 

Recap
Once Defender is enabled, you will be able to open the program, view your security settings, and update the software to make sure the antivirus definitions are up to date!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Not heard back from you dustypink, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

sorry I work in  a jail on shifts so will read up on it

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

why do I need chrome please

dustypink

dustypink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Step 3
If Defender is off, go back to the search function from step 1 and type in “action.” Select Action Center from the results. A new menu will open where you can see your security settings, including options for spyware and virus protection. Both will tell you that Defender is turned off, and both will also feature a button that says “Turn on now.” Click one of them to enable Defender. 

I did this it will not turn on when I click on turn on