Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

VeryUnhappy

VeryUnhappy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

So how did you get your nickname/handle/name? I'm admin, um because I'm the site admin. :)

I'm sure many of you have more interesting stories behind your choice of nicks, let's hear them! :)

When I got a virus I was extremely unhappy so when I found Geeks To Go I was very unhappy. Hense the nickname. I got a quick response and solution to my problem so noe I am much happier. Thanks to Rorschach112. :)

Advertisements

Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Actually I just dreamed it up for use in the Yahoo chat rooms, I wanted to use something that would catch peoples attention. And I figure there is probably some hacker out there that might be able to get into my system and I thought it would be intresting for someone to find a nickname like mine floating around. I use Linux most of the time, armed with a good antivirus and a firewall, I have yet to get attaked by anything or anybody so far.

Blarm

Blarm

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Nothing too exciting for mine.

My first initial and part of my surname made up BLarm which I first used in CIX conferencing about 20 years ago.
Then, a few years ago, I added my birth year to make Blarm1959.

AHappyGeek

AHappyGeek

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I hope i don't have to explain. :)

was thinking up of something unique as a IM nickname and to my surprise no one have this nick.
this was from a long time back, and guess what i'm in a geek forum!
very happy with the peeps here, glad to meet you guys (:

ps: i'm sorry if my nickname is disturbing, no harrassment intended, but it always makes me laugh at the disbelief in people's faces when i give them my email address haha!

wavewolfaroha

wavewolfaroha

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:) I am an avid salt water kayaker, and like to "eat" the waves and howl in delight! Hoea ra! (Paddle on!)

Thanks to all who give of their time and knowledge here--hope I can offer a bit along the way... :)

Edited by wavewolfaroha, 29 January 2010 - 02:52 AM.

therican

therican

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
My co-workers from my former job always called me "the rican". Proud of my heritage!

pHyber0ptik

pHyber0ptik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
pHyber0ptik is the name of a 16 year old hacker sent to prison... I am personally not involved in ANY illegal activity but I liked the sound of it :)

K0OL g3Ek

K0OL g3Ek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well i am very cool guy but at the same time I like to do geek things so thats hw i got my name!!

Taff2493

Taff2493

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I guess my nick name is simple and boring ? well we will see :)
Firstly some of you who are from or in the UK will know this, I shall explain a little history and geography about Britian/UK for those who don't know. Eventhough we are one basic nation (British) we are in fact 4 nations in one and so have our own languages & cultures to a point, heres an example of what I mean, Britain consists of England, Ireland, Scotland And Wales, if your nationality is born and bred in England your English ( No nick names for them LOL) well not ones that you could write publicly, if your from Ireland your Irish or also known as Paddy, if your from Scotland your Scotish also known as Jocks and if you are from Wales you are Welsh also known as Taff ! Don't ask, I beleive it is in connection with the river Taff ? Don't know not sure, as for the number within my name, again simple, it was part of my British Army Number 2493, sorry this was so long winded but I thought someone might find this info interesting, or is it just me thinking that again.

sweetlummi

sweetlummi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It come form the reservation I'm from in washington. If any one ever see me on line from home they will know. :)

Advertisements

billyplatt

billyplatt

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I was a young man living on a street called Platt. Back in those days, I aspired to write novels and I decided to make the lead character in my novel billy platt, so i have just used it as my nick ever since. Some people tell me they use a different nick everywhere they go, but not me, I'd rather become known out there in cyberland! My hat is white, and I pour a lot of effort into keeping my friends, family, neighbors, and customers surfing safetly as possible in this difficult and dangerous times. I figure declaring to the world who I am and what I stand for will attract like minded people to me or I to them.

dgrahamsr

dgrahamsr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
working on computers

dgrahamsr

dgrahamsr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i haven't yet

mattnanokid

mattnanokid

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
My nickname is mattnanokid because:
1:my first name is matt
2:I am interested in technology, so I think of an iPod(nano)
3:I'm technically under the age of 18. So that's why it's mattnanokid.

Rueben

Rueben

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Its very simple. I usually use relatives names who are no longer here as a way to remember them.