Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

ComputerNutjob

ComputerNutjob

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well, I like computers, and I'm constantly driven nuts by my mother.

ComputerNutjob

Advertisements

No Spam

No Spam

• Pip
  • 3 posts
No Spam because NoSpam was taken.

I used to run a small anti-spam website so I like to use NoSpam for a nick.

4RE KLR

4RE KLR

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
4RE KLR

I really like the Classic Cobra 427's. I built a replica myself. It took three and a half years and when completed it was featured on the cover of Kit Car Magazine in November 2001.

Cobra was the only car to beat Ferrari at LaMans (back in the day) for three consecutive years.

So: 4RE KLR
4RE = Ferrari
KLR = Killer

Ferrari Killer

Steve

Maugwa

Maugwa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
"Magua" was the bad Huron Indian in the movie "Last of the Mohicans."

Sewicked

Sewicked

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah, I'll be revealing a bit about my age here....*rocking chair creaks* I was on a couple BBS forums (early, early internet; speed was in 3 digits of baud). I needed a handle & you could only enter 8 characters.

I was working in a fabric shop so I wanted 'Sew', I was a bit pretentious/ironic so I wanted 'Wicked'. Do the math; that's 9 characters. So I just merged them. It's never taken, so I often use it.

Wanders over to corner to join the crowd & grab a drink & some grilled lamb (if it ain't pork, it ain't Q):)

RandomSinger

RandomSinger

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I'm a member of an acapella singing group called "Random Acts of Harmony", and Random can sometimes be the best way to describe my singing.

NomDeKeyz

NomDeKeyz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I like to write. Several years ago I was dubbed 'the wordsmith' on a roleplay gaming site. I have been encouraged to publish, but I'm shy. So, Using a nom de plume (french for pen name) I began writing, both online and off. Nom De Keys/z is more fitting, since I don't write with a pen. I would use pencil for poetry tho. ^~

I use this nick most of the time now.

Edited by NomDeKeyz, 15 October 2009 - 07:14 PM.

uHateMe

uHateMe

• Pip
  • 4 posts
uHateMe

u - you
hate - HATE :)
me - ME !

but pls not...i just love to be call uHateMe(you hate me)!!!! PEACE!!

narlina

narlina

• Pip
  • 1 posts
erm, my first name nor arlina = narlina
hehe

Skulker

Skulker

• Pip
  • 0 posts
It's my old CB handle (I guess I'm showing my age now).

It from B.C. comic strip by Johnny Hart - The Midnight Skulker.

I was quite a night owl in those days...

:)

Advertisements

JohnB001

JohnB001

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I have a very common last name so for most of my life I've been known as JohnB. Since I'm on lots of conference calls at work, using JohnB helps others to address me or know who I am.

JohnB :)

spsanderson

spsanderson

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I usually use my initials for my handle but sometimes I use either mtpscuba or scuba. I got scuba since my name is Steve and when the movie Big Daddy came out it was pretty popular at work so they all just started calling me scuba Steve the mtp portion comes from where I used to work at, Michigan Truck Plant. Nothing exciting but I still find it funny.

Currently going through what I call and I am sure others call, The Black Screen of Death grrr

Golden Butterflies

Golden Butterflies

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Well, I'm going to sound like a complete and utter dork, but oh well. I originally wanted a username based on my favourite anime, Cowboy Bebop. Most of the ideas I had were already taken, so I decided to get a little bit less obvious and use a reference to the plot/events in the movie. Hence: Golden Butterflies. :)

bozo_5150

bozo_5150

• Pip
  • 0 posts
well to be honest i used to smoke a lot of pot and my sister said i was always acting like a clown. so bozo came naturally when i was about 17 then i added the 5150 just it keep the other people from trying to make it a bad thing.

William Pistulka

William Pistulka

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I used to play a game called Tribes 2 many years ago and for some reason, my wife was watching me and said I was "JackNasty"the way I would hunt other players down. I had a good laugh at that one and I mentioned it to my crew in team speak and the name stuck. I guess I have been JackNasty since early 2002. Or 2001...somewhere in there. :)