Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

antone

antone

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Pretty easy.
My initials are DAD
Middle name Anthony
Everyone called me Antone.

Edited by antone, 18 June 2009 - 08:55 AM.

Advertisements

Old Bluelight

Old Bluelight

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My senior year at Texas A&M I gained a lot of weight, so "Barrel Harrell" became my nick. :)

Texas Chick

Texas Chick

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
"texas chick" im from tx and am homesick..been 5 years since I lived in Tx and I am ready to move back but sadly we have 2 more years here and then 3 yrs after that who knows where.

haziqdaM5fanatic

haziqdaM5fanatic

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ahaha...

I got my nickname because of my favourite car...

haziqdaM5fanatic = haziq is my name,M5 is a car 'BMW M5' and fanatic is fanatic....easy..=)

TimCHills

TimCHills

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I made it up. TimC from Hillsboro, OR.

CoolPoolNorm

CoolPoolNorm

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well - the Norm part is easy - that's my first name.....
The Cool Pool part is the nickname of my last posting when I was in the Air Force - Cold Lake, Alberta (also called the Chilly Pond). I spent 10 years there working on CF-18 fighters (out of my 22 in the Air Force).
That's where I was when I bought my first PC and got online - if you don't count my C-64 and Q-Link (WAAAAAY back in the '80's) and my Amiga, later on.

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Stand by, this may be a long one.
Way back in the late nineteen seventies the phenomena of CB radio hit the shores of GB, I very soon got hooked into it and at that time I owned a three wheeled car made by the Reliant company. It was called the Reliant Regal and actually was really a three wheeled van. For any one who has seen the TV program "Only Fools and Horses" the central character "Dell Boy" owned one of those vehicles. Because they are mainly of resin and glass fibre reinforced plastic construction, they gained a nickname of "Plastic Pig" It was an obvious choice to use "Plastic Pig" as the CB radio handle.
Since then "Plastic Pig" has been used as a forum user name, but later the Pig was dropped to become the present Plastic Nev. this being because my real first name is of course Neville.

atoms

atoms

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am surprised mine wasn't already taken, such a shame. I am glad as its my callsign in short.

Snee44

Snee44

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My best friend worked on a turkey farm. We would go out to the farm at night and hunt Skunks, skin them and sell the pelts. You take a dead turkey and tie it to a stake. The decomposing rotten smell would attract the Skunks. Tricky business and sometimes a skunk would make it difficult to hide what you were up to. Kinda of like a closet cig smoker. For those of you that are thinking "how horrible", it was in the early 60ties before PETA. I nicked named my friend "Turkey" which stuck all through grades 7-12. My middle name is Dee. He started calling me "Snee" in return and it has stuck with those who know me well through out my life. I added 44 because Snee was chosen when I would choose just Snee for a username. :)

a_cow8oy

a_cow8oy

• Pip
  • 0 posts
hello everyone,

real name is Dave, i actually have several nick names over the years, call it an aussie tradition, as for my handle in here I am actually a cowboy / jackeroo.

Iam hoping this site will help me to end my some of my troubles with my computer, being stuck in the bush, having very limited internet conection on top of all this.

thank you in advance if anyone helps assist me

a-cow8oy

Advertisements

Emphyrio

Emphyrio

• Visiting Consultant
  • 4 posts
I was inspired by Jack Vance and his novell : Emphyrio :)

The pic I use around the web is Zell from Final Fantasy.

Emphyrio :)

no5alive

no5alive

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had lived in Astoria and then near there when the movie 'Short Circuit' was made. I like Johnny 5 but I'm not a guy and I thought that would make things.... difficult. Its been my email address (usually with an _ ,for what ever carrier) for years.

no5alive

RupturedHope

RupturedHope

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
RupturedHope is pretty self-explanatory, I guess... I'm a monstrously negative person, and overcompensate out of a perceived social pressure to do so by forcing myself to think positively. Overcommitting to that results in an increasingly frustrated logic spiral, and eventually emotional rupture when when everything goes belly up despite my best hopes & efforts. RomCom's & Ben&Jerry's is my reset switch, so to speak. :)

AgentXu

AgentXu

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
Maybe... 9 years ago I was playing a game called Final Fantasy VIII and I got stuck. I was in middle school at the time and my mother had just bought the game for me. It was pretty unlikely she was going to go back to the store to get the Official Guide. So, being the enterprising kid I was, I got on-line and started hunting for my answer. I came across a forum that had it but I had to sign up to view the topic. I tried every possible combination of names I could think of and they were all taken (this was at the height of the Final Fantasy craze). Finally, I decided to add the word "Agent" to an obscure NPC and came up with AgentXu.

I ended up spending nearly my entire teenage life at that forum. Since then the name has just kind of become my internet handle. Supposedly (though this is unverifiable), after banning someone from that forum once I became an Administrator, they named a virus after me (AgentXU). Funny how that works eh?

A.X.

Howie Ward

Howie Ward

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi Everyone. My middle name is Howard so I use Howie Ward because it's easy for me to remember. Ha! At 68 years old I need all the help I can get. :)