Remove Antivirus 2009

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

cp15611

cp15611

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I had Antivirus 2009 install on my computer and Spybot Search & Destroy found it and I removed it but I am still getting random pop ups in IE, when using Mozilla, and something using my sound card to tell me that I have won. I ran all the steps in the Remove Malware section, what do I do next?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to post your HJT log in the Malware Removal Forum

cp15611

cp15611

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

You need to post your HJT log in the Malware Removal Forum

Since I don't know what is infecting my computer what do I put for a title?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Something like "Random Popups" would be fine. Include the same information about your problem in your post that you've included here.

cp15611

cp15611

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Something like "Random Popups" would be fine. Include the same information about your problem in your post that you've included here.

Done, thank you.

bojack13

bojack13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just got this antivirus 2009 crap and tried to delete some files and registry entries manually but they kept comming back. Thought I was gonna be up all night with this one. But I tried that Malwarebytes program and it took one hard look at the malware, made it pee a little, took its lunch money, and sent it packing. One bad result of the malware was that I can't type msconfig and bring up the msconfig stuff anymore but I can still run the executable. This happened before I tried Anti-Malware so that had nothing to do with it, of course.

Anyways, just wanted to register and post to say thank you for all the great info.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Thanks for letting us know

Not sure about that MSConfig problem, it could be fixed in the Windows XP forum possibly.

drewboy

drewboy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hello all

my pc is also being attacked by malware. It opens various pages in IE and firefox. I'm using AVG and it has found several trojans and viri which it doesn't seem to be able to remove. It has also found changes to several dll files, and registry mechanic seem to find hundreds of new dll files.

I downloaded malware bytes to try and remove it that way but it won't open the mbam-setup.exe file or even start the installation. I've already installed registry mechanic and Hijack This today so it seems strange that this is the only one affected- does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

I have a HijackThis log but I guess I should post that elsewhere.

Cheers

Drew

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Try rename the MBAM.exe file to something like abcd123.exe

Can you run it then ?

If not, try install it in safe mode, and run it there

If it still wont work, go post your HJT log in the Malware Removal forum

shawbroth

shawbroth

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Has anyone gotten word off antivirus 2010, I've received two emails in reference to this from individuals I repair computer for. This version seems to be able to deactivate certain malware detection tools. In one instance i had to re-install the software, but before installation i renamed the exe file. I know this a common practice among a few people i know, but I'm just looking for some feedback.

Advertisements

drewboy

drewboy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for your help.

I was able to install malware bytes by changing the name, although it now will not let me actually run the program...changing the name of the program file (or running it in safe mode) hasn't helped this time. It won't even let me reinstall it without crashing the pc.

I'll persevere and will let you know if I get anywhere.

drew

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Drew and Shaw, sounds like the version you have has a nasty rootkit. I would recommend posting on the forums

shawbroth

shawbroth

• Pip
  • 8 posts
The replication process of anti-virus 2010 isn't to much different then its predecessors, but its ability to recognize what malware programs to disable lets me know virus programmers are paying attention to discussion boards and forums.

drewboy

drewboy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
happy new year to you all.

After reading some of the tutorials here I *think* I've managed to get my attack under control. I uninstalled AVG and put on Avast! 4. That seemed to detect a lot of the trojans that had invaded and took off a rootkit to boot. It was enough to allow me to install Malware Bytes, which also helped to remove yet more trojans.

Thanks so far!

I'm reasonably confident that things are back to normal but posting a HJT log give me a bit more confidence. I've also got a Malware Bytes log if interested?

Thanks!

Drew

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
drewboy,

Please start a new topic here with an explanation of what you've done, and include the HJT log and Malwarebytes log in that thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.