Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Access Laptop BIOS, and OEM Battery

bios laptop sony vaio firmware hardware OS Battery

• Please log in to reply

Solice93

Solice93

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Hello,

I have a very old Sony VAIO E Series 11 SVE11125CXB 11.6" Laptop that used to have Windows 8 from what I remember. I'm wanting to put Linux Mint on it, but every time I power on the laptop, I cannot access the BIOS menu no matter what key combination I press, including pressing and holding the Vaio and Assist buttons while powering it on. The only thing I'm greeted with is a very quick flash of the Vaio logo and an immediate DOS prompt stating "Operating System Not Found". I cannot access any other commands.

Furthermore, I'm wanting to order a battery for it, but I have the option for a 10.8 V or 11.1 V battery, and I'm not sure which one to get. Also, I don't know a reputable place to buy batteries from.

I greatly appreciate any assistance given. Thank you!

Advertisements