Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MB and SATA card detect DVD-RW, but not SATA HDD's

SATA motherboard Abit BIOS

• Please log in to reply

hyper50

hyper50

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having issues with one of my computers where the motherboard SATA ports would detect/enable my SATA optical DVD writer, but for the life of me I can't get it to detect ANY SATA hard drives.  This is why I bought the SY-PEX40039 PCI-Express SATA III controller card, so that I could hopefully bypass the issues my motherboard was having with SATA hard drives.... Unfortunately the controller card is doing the same thing.  It detects and lets me use the optical drive no problem, but it refuses to detect my brand new Crucial M550 SSD, or my Toshiba 1GB HDD (which works fine in my other PC).  I've gone through all the BIOS configurations that I could find.  Tried running the ports in ACHI mode, IDE mode, no luck.  Tried disable the on-chip SATA controller, and I've tried disabling the onboard PCI storage controller with no luck. The drives are good, the cables are good and have been swapped numerously.  I am getting desperate (and honestly a little crazed) after trying to resolve this myself the past few days.  The IDE drives work, and the USB ports all work.  I have a Abit QuadGT AB9 motherboard and have updated all the drivers, and even flashed the newest BIOS (from 2008 since Abit is no longer around).  Any help would be very much appreciated.  Listed below is the specs and attached is the DXdiag report if that helps at all.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

Board: Abit QuadGT Ab9
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz

Advertisements