Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable devices available error-please help ASAP (Solved)

Best Answer Elton yu , 04 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

HEY GUYS any of you still around?    So i got my laptop checked and my brothers gonna take it to the shop to replace the dam harddrive (it was the harddrives fault as said by a technician... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

is dell known for this type of problem or it happens to every laptop prone to this

No, You just have corrupted files that prevent windows from starting.

Go through the same BIOS steps again, when you get the blue screen with the system repair lighlighted, press enter, take a picture and post it.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Taking the dog for a walk then going to bed.   Will be back in the morning. 

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Starting startup repair

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
When starting windows normally,it does this process i took 3 pics of the blue screen and it restarts and does it again

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Sorry that method is not working, we will have to try some alternatives.

Did you recieve any repair or Dell discs with the Laptop?

Can you get hold of any Windows 7 installation CD?

What computer are you using now"

If you restart the dLaptop and start tapping F8, what screen is displayed, picture please.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Repair discos.no
Windows 7 installation..posible
Im using my ipad mini to post
Although i have a desktop computer...

Will any data loss occur when installing w7?
This is scaring me...will there be any possible way to fix this...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK, looks good.

Use the down arrow and highlight Last Known Good, > press enter.  Results please. 

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Already did that in advance...it does the blue screen seen in my previous posts....

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

A Dell resore to factory settings would wipe all saved Date.

A reinstall of windows could wipe all saved Date. 

Using a windows install disc would allow you to use the recovery environment on the disc instead of the files on the laptop, should have more success..

Staring a repair from  the Blue Screen repair window is not the same as starting a repair from the F8 window that appears.

I need you to try the last known configuration and tell me the results, so I know it has been done correctly.

Restart the laptop, start tapping F8, Highlight the Last Known Good Configuration, > press enter, please post a picture. 

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
As isad,its the same result..if nothing else could be done,i coudl ask my cousin if he has a w7 disc or wipe the memory,which is better than not using the thing at all,which maybe is my last resort...

Btw why were u asking what computer am i using?? I have a another pc if thats helpful...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, till iammykyl gets back to you are you willing to open up and remove the hard drive cover on the laptop, and also to remove the side panel on the desktop?

In order to try and save your data on the laptop hard drive it needs to be removed from the laptop and then connected to your desktop.

If the hard drive is actually OK and it is just the Windows operating system damaged beyond normal repair, the data should still be recoverable to copy or transfer to the desktop temporarily.

Doing this connection will also prove the hard drive is OK, and also some hard drive tests can be carried out from the desktop while the hard drive is connected to it.

If you are OK with doing the physical work of removing and connecting the hard drive to the desktop, either iammykyl or myself can lead you through doing it.

I will add that if there is no spare SATA connections in the desktop after removing the cover to find out, you will need to buy some form of SATA to USB connector, that can be one of three ways, first and possibly cheapest is a simple SATA to USB adapter, secondly a SATA to USB enclosure (or caddy), thirdly would be to use a SATA to USB docking station. Those are listed in order of costs, a docking station is going to cost the most.

Nev.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks Nev for coming in with the suggestions.   I have provided Elton Yu with link to the service manual, so will wait for a reply.   Just one more step to try first.

if nothing else could be done,i coudl ask my cousin if he has a w7 disc or wipe the memory,which is better than not using the thing at all,which maybe is my last resort...

A.   Yes, see if you can get that disc.   We hac use it to try repairs and may be possible to do a repair install of the OS.
Btw why were u asking what computer am i using?? I have a another pc if thats helpful.                                                                                                                                                                     A. So  that we can try the steps that Nav suggessted.

One more step to try.Use the F8 method to get to the Advance Boot Options. > Use the down arrow to highlight the Safe Mode with Command Prompt,   > press Enter. 

Does a window like below open? 

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Hey nev thnx for dropping by...im ok with removing the hard drive,although buying such a cable is also ok,im afriad the said cable is availablein the city i live in...im gonna try what ky said though

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Kind of...and its continuing to load up drivers or something

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip