To be honest I don't see a solution here. You should update these programs or you will be vulnerable, which means that infections are more likely to come back.
1. Adobe products - i cannot really download it beyond the installer. even after spending hours on it, the progress bar stood at 5% and failed with a connection error. is there any other way or can i skip it, because i am not even sure, if its downloading anything at all?
2. Internet explorer - same thing with IE. can i disable my internet explorer as i dont use it much?
Maybe you could take your computer to a friend who has a better connection and then use it just to download these updates?
When the trial ends MBAM's real-time protection will turn off, but you will still be able to launch manual scans.
what is wrong here? what happens when the trial gets over and will it offer protection against malware after the trial?
Most Antivirus programs, including Avast, have their own anti-spyware. So my vote here is that you don't need any other program when it comes to that.
(ii) After from an antivirus & malware program, do i require a anti-spyware program like superantipsyware? what else is require to keep my system safe and secure?
About other things, you'll find some tips below.
We'll remove them in a moment.
(iii) Do i need to have all these cleaning tools (used by us for removing the malware) installed permanently?
Good news. Your system looks clean and we can delete the tools that we've used. I've also prepared some tips for you to stay safe in the future.
Now that your system looks clean, we can clear system restore points and malware removal tools that we've used. To do that, download and run Delfix.
- Note: Make sure that the following options are checked:
- Remove disinfection tools
- Create registry backup
- Purge system restore
- Reset System Settings
After the cleaning is done, DelFix.txt will be opened in Notepad. If it won't, you can find it in C:\ directory. Select all (CTRL+A) the content of the log, copy it (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) it into your next reply.
Also, delete any other .exe .txt, .bat .reg or .zip files that we used and are remaining and empty the Recycle bin.
Go to Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a program (or Control Panel>Programs and Features if using icon view) and remove ESET Online Scanner v3
As prevention is better than cure, I have listed some tips for you to stay safe on the internet in the future. Make a good use of them.
Turning on Automatic Updates is a crucial security measure. Keeping them out-of-date is like begging to get your system infected.
- Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update
- Under Windows Update click Turn automatic updating on or off
- Make sure that your settings are set so that you will receive updates automatically and click OK.
Heimdal Free is one of programs that can check for out-of-date programs on your computer. You can get it here.
Recommendations for security programs
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee.
- WinPatrol as a robust security monitor will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes a snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
- NoScript is a Firefox add-on that increases safety during surfing online by blocking malicious scripts.
- Unchecky will help you to avoid adware and PUPs by automatically removing checkmarks for these when installing programs.
- Web of Trust is an add-on for multiple browsers that warns you before entering websites with bad reputation.
Cryptolocker is a new ransomware that heavily encrypts your important files. At the moment there are no programs that can decrypt these files. You can read how to protect against it here.
For some good tips about how to prevent infection in the future, visit this site.
Remember to post the Delfix log