, Welcome to the Geeks to Go malware removal forum.
I am iMacg3
and will be helping you with your computer problems.
Please keep the following information in mind before we begin:
- Do not run any fixes or tools on your system unless I request that you do so.
- Running additional tools on your system can interfere with the clean-up process, or cause issues such as false positives.
- Please read all instructions carefully, and complete them in the order listed.
- Items that are especially important will be highlighted in bold or red.
- If your computer seems to start working normally, please don't abandon the topic.
- Even if your system is behaving normally, there may still be some malware remnants left over. Additionally, malware can re-infect the computer if some remnants are left. Therefore, please complete all requested steps to make sure any malware is successfully eradicated from your PC.
- If you have pirated or illegal software on your computer, uninstall it now before proceeding.
- Using pirated/cracked software is an easy way to infect your computer - almost as easy as intentionally downloading malware. Therefore, please remove any, if present, before we begin the clean-up.
- If you don't respond to your topic in 4 days, it will be closed.
- If your topic is closed and you still need assistance, send me or any staff member a Private Message with a link to your topic.
- If you have questions at any time during the cleanup, feel free to ask.
---------------------------------------------------Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Download FRST to your Desktop. (for 32 bit systems)
- Download FRST64 to your Desktop. (for 64 bit systems)
- Double click Frst.exe/Frst64.exe to launch it.
- FRST will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button.
- When finished scanning 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
- Please post them in your next reply.