Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

shortcut virus [Solved]

shortcut virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pumbaa

pumbaa

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

My son brought over some movies on an external hard drive he had, and downloaded them to my computer.  I play Aurarose.  Malwarebytes stopped trose.exe file (it is a false positive).  I tried to point the Malwarebytes "allow" to the file, but was not allowed to open it.  I noticed it had a shortcut sign on the bottom left side of the icon.  I looked online to see if I could find a fix for it.  In the meantime, I opened my explorer again, and noticed there was a shortcut symbol on my "Documents and Settings" file icon.  Please help.

Advertisements

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,113 posts

Can you open your Documents?

Can you post a screenshot for us to realize what do you mean? 

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

When I try to open it, it doesn't do anything.  When it happened to the App Data folder, I got the message that I wasn't authorized to open the folder.  Now, I don't get any error message.  It just doesn't open.  No files are hidden.  

Attached Thumbnails

• docs and setting shortcut.png

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,113 posts

Let's do a system scan to see what is happening:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. --> IMPORTANT

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your antivirus software detects the tool as malicious, it’s safe to allow FRST to run. It is a false-positive detection.

If English is not your primary language, right click on FRST.exe/FRST64.exe and rename to FRSTEnglish.exe/FRST64English.exe

• Double-click the FRST icon to run the tool. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button and wait for a while.
  • The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please attach the content of these two logs in your next reply.

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I have attached.

Attached Files

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,113 posts

Hi, pumbaa. 

1. Run AdwCleaner (scan only)

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan Now.
    • When the scan has finished, a Scan Results window will open.
    • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Files tab.
    • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number. The latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.
    • Please post the contents of the file in your next reply.

2. Run Malwarebytes (scan only)

• Open Malwarebytes you have already installed. 
  • Click the little gear on the top right (Settings) and when it opens, click the Security tab and make sure about the following:
    Under the title Scan Options, all the options are checked.
    Under the title Windows Security Center (Premium only) the option is NOT checked.
    Under the title Potentially unwanted items all options are set to Always.
  • Click on the little gear to return to the main menu and select Scan. The program will start scanning your computer. This may take about 10 minutes, but in some cases it may be take longer.
  • When finished, you will see the Threat Scan Summary window open.

If threats are not found, click View Report and proceed to the two last steps below.

If threats are found, make sure that all threats are not selected, close the program and proceed to the next steps below.

• Open Malwarebytes again, click on the Scanner, and then on the Reports tab.
  • Find the report with the most recent date and double click on it.
  • Click on Export and then Copy to Clipboard.
  • Paste its content here, in your next reply.

In your next reply, please post:

• The AdwCleaner[S0*].txt
  • The Malwarebytes report

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
# -------------------------------
# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.3.1.0
# Build:    11-18-2021
# Database: 2022-02-03.4 (Cloud)
#
# Mode: Scan
# Start:    03-11-2022
# Duration: 00:00:04
# OS:       Windows 10 Home
# Scanned:  32032
# Detected: 18

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services found.

***** [ Folders ] *****

No malicious folders found.

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files found.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs found.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI found.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts found.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks found.

***** [ Registry ] *****

No malicious registry entries found.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

PUP.Optional.Spigot             gpiifgmgnfdiblgpaepbmfdkcheicgof

***** [ Chromium URLs ] *****

PUP.Optional.Legacy             AVG Secure Search
PUP.Optional.Legacy             Inbox

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries found.

***** [ Firefox URLs ] *****

No malicious Firefox URLs found.

***** [ Hosts File Entries ] *****

No malicious hosts file entries found.

***** [ Preinstalled Software ] *****

Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\Program Files\DELL\SAREMEDIATION\AGENT 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\Program Files\DELL\SAREMEDIATION\AUDIT 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\Program Files\DELL\SAREMEDIATION\PLUGIN 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\Program Files\DELL\SUPPORTASSISTAGENT 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\ProgramData\DELL\SAREMEDIATION\AGENT 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\ProgramData\DELL\SAREMEDIATION\PLUGIN 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\ProgramData\SUPPORTASSIST\CLIENT\TECHNICIANTOOLKIT 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Folder   C:\Users\user\Documents\DELL\SUPPORTASSIST 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Registry   HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Plain\{2FD914CB-91CE-46D8-ACD1-C787AACB77CF}  
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Registry   HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{2FD914CB-91CE-46D8-ACD1-C787AACB77CF}  
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Registry   HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Dell SupportAssistAgent AutoUpdate 
Preinstalled.DellSupportAssistAgent   Task   C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\DELL SUPPORTASSISTAGENT AUTOUPDATE 
Preinstalled.DellUpdateforWindows10   Folder   C:\Program Files (x86)\ALIENWARE UPDATE 
Preinstalled.DellUpdateforWindows10   Folder   C:\Program Files (x86)\DELL\UPDATESERVICE 
Preinstalled.DellUpdateforWindows10   Folder   C:\ProgramData\DELL\UPDATESERVICE 

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\Logs\AdwCleaner[S00].txt ##########

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 3/11/22
Scan Time: 2:32 AM
Log File: c60cd4e0-a115-11ec-a004-a4bb6d3f2f97.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.5.4.168
Components Version: 1.0.1599
Update Package Version: 1.0.52189
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Scan Initiated By: Scheduler
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 298568
Threats Detected: 0
Threats Quarantined: 0
Time Elapsed: 11 min, 17 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Detect
PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
Process: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0

WMI: 0

(end)

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,113 posts

All the logs/scans don't indicate an active infection. We will do some maintenance, but first, I would like to point out this:

In Windows 10, C:\Documents & Settings is not a real folder but a Junction point that is pointed at C:\Users.

Let me know if you are able to open your files when you follow this path: C:\Users\User*\Documents

* Your User ID.

Or just go to This PC > Documents

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

hmm, I can open it under user/users.  However, I still show a lot of shortcuts that I can't open.  I've used a computer for probably 30 years, and I've never seen or noticed these types of shortcuts.  I've always been able to open whatever is showing in Explorer.  So, I'm assuing there is nothing wrong.  I've just never seen this before, nor had this trouble finding something in explorer.  What is the difference betwen AppData and Application Data?  I am very grateful for your help.  Pumbaa

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,113 posts

This may help in understanding why do you see that shortcut folder in File Explorer. There is nothing to worry about it and you can just leave it there.

As for the other shortcuts you see, can you send me another shortcut? 

===================================

After that, less do some tidiness.

1. AdwCleaner (Clean mode)

The finding in the Chromium part of the log, is adware/PUP which stands for Potentially Unwanted Programs. In the instructions below, I will give you instructions to be removed.

The section at the bottom under Preinstalled Software is software that was apparently installed when the device was new, which you may or may not use. Personally, I do not keep anything I don't use/need. But it's your computer, so your decision.

To proceed, please do the following:

• Double click AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop, to run it as you did before.
  • Click Scan Now.
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Please check all the boxes and then click Quarantine.
  • Click Next.
    • If any pre-installed software was found on your machine, a prompt window will open. Click OK to close it.
    • Check any pre-installed software items you want to remove.
    • Click Quarantine.
  • A prompt to save your work will appear.
    • Click Continue when you're ready to proceed.
  • A prompt to restart your computer will appear.
    • Click Restart Now.
  • Once your computer has restarted:
    • If it doesn't open automatically, please start AdwCleaner.
    • Click the Log Files tab.
    • Double click on the latest Clean log (Clean logs have a [C0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the removal.
    • Please post the contents of the file in your next reply.

2. FRST fix

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user. Running it on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

• Please select the entire contents of the code box below, from the "Start::" line to "End::", including both lines. Right-click and select "Copy ". No need to paste anything to anywhere.
Start::
CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
Task: {105D676A-D551-4274-81E7-97AC52E4FD87} - \Microsoft\Windows\Speech\HeadsetButtonPress -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {1949073A-8FDA-4EA4-8E59-407CDB02440F} - \Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\sihpostreboot -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {CBFB6BE6-9828-4121-A91C-8ADE8B6B1C36} - \Microsoft\Windows\Management\Provisioning\PostResetBoot -> No File <==== ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2564881613-3640244745-1839761148-1001 -> DefaultScope {7E7BDB52-3FDE-4427-BEFB-E0D7EFF06153} URL = 
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2564881613-3640244745-1839761148-1001 -> {7E7BDB52-3FDE-4427-BEFB-E0D7EFF06153} URL = 
FirewallRules: [{BFEF05BA-10F8-43A8-B911-604BDD8672CD}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ScreenovateTechnologies.AlienwareMobileConnect_2.0.7812.0_x64__0vhbc3ng4wbp0\app\AlienwareMobileConnectClient.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{C5D00D6A-FE5C-4217-9B9B-D1D1EB7A8776}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ScreenovateTechnologies.AlienwareMobileConnect_2.0.7812.0_x64__0vhbc3ng4wbp0\app\AlienwareMobileConnectClient.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{66829146-8A74-4A33-AA77-B326B99C9028}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{C449E5CE-F74C-47D6-9828-471AD5BC25F2}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{56474B9F-FB8D-4405-918A-CE7B9580B188}] => (Block) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{A68E48E1-96EA-44D0-B124-F87841E03E46}] => (Block) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
C:\Users\user\Desktop\uTorrent.exe 
EmptyTemp: 
End::
  • Please right-click on FRST64 on your Desktop, to run it as administrator. When the tool opens, click "yes" to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your Desktop.
  • Please post the log in your next reply.

In your next reply please post:

• A screenshot with the shortcuts
  • The AdwCleaner[C0*].txt
  • The fixlog.txt
  • Any remaining issue/concern

Advertisements

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

OK.  That kinda makes sense.  My computer was hacked, and a small computer company here where I live had to completely reinstall my system.  I don't think they really knew what they were doing.  After I restart the computer, and I reght click on the start button,  the classic menu opens.  I have to exit it and click again, and I have the normal "right click on start" menu.  After I got the computer back, I also did not have Microsoft Store.  I couldn't play Minecraft without the information stored in Microsoft Store.  I couldn't find a dowloadable Microsoft Store anywhere on google.  I d/l XBox app, and after clicking on the minecraft icon on that app, it told me I didn't have Microsoft Store and did I want to d/l it.  I finally got things working, but sometimes they are are a little bit funky.   I rebooted after fix.

# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.3.1.0
# Build:    11-18-2021
# Database: 2022-02-03.4 (Cloud)
#
# Mode: Clean
# Start:    03-11-2022
# Duration: 00:00:21
# OS:       Windows 10 Home
# Cleaned:  3
# Failed:   0

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services cleaned.

***** [ Folders ] *****

No malicious folders cleaned.

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files cleaned.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs cleaned.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI cleaned.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts cleaned.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks cleaned.

***** [ Registry ] *****

No malicious registry entries cleaned.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

Deleted       gpiifgmgnfdiblgpaepbmfdkcheicgof

***** [ Chromium URLs ] *****

Deleted       AVG Secure Search
Deleted       Inbox

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries cleaned.

***** [ Firefox URLs ] *****

No malicious Firefox URLs cleaned.

***** [ Hosts File Entries ] *****

No malicious hosts file entries cleaned.

***** [ Preinstalled Software ] *****

No Preinstalled Software cleaned.

[+] Delete Tracing Keys
[+] Reset Winsock

AdwCleaner[S00].txt - [3058 octets] - [11/03/2022 06:26:39]
AdwCleaner[S01].txt - [3119 octets] - [11/03/2022 15:13:32]
AdwCleaner[C01].txt - [1682 octets] - [11/03/2022 15:20:06]
AdwCleaner[S02].txt - [3241 octets] - [11/03/2022 16:23:19]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\Logs\AdwCleaner[C02].txt ##########

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 08-03-2022
Ran by user (11-03-2022 15:27:06) Run:1
Running from C:\Users\user\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: user
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

fixlist content:
CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
Task: {105D676A-D551-4274-81E7-97AC52E4FD87} - \Microsoft\Windows\Speech\HeadsetButtonPress -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {1949073A-8FDA-4EA4-8E59-407CDB02440F} - \Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\sihpostreboot -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {CBFB6BE6-9828-4121-A91C-8ADE8B6B1C36} - \Microsoft\Windows\Management\Provisioning\PostResetBoot -> No File <==== ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2564881613-3640244745-1839761148-1001 -> DefaultScope {7E7BDB52-3FDE-4427-BEFB-E0D7EFF06153} URL = 
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-2564881613-3640244745-1839761148-1001 -> {7E7BDB52-3FDE-4427-BEFB-E0D7EFF06153} URL = 
FirewallRules: [{BFEF05BA-10F8-43A8-B911-604BDD8672CD}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ScreenovateTechnologies.AlienwareMobileConnect_2.0.7812.0_x64__0vhbc3ng4wbp0\app\AlienwareMobileConnectClient.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{C5D00D6A-FE5C-4217-9B9B-D1D1EB7A8776}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ScreenovateTechnologies.AlienwareMobileConnect_2.0.7812.0_x64__0vhbc3ng4wbp0\app\AlienwareMobileConnectClient.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{66829146-8A74-4A33-AA77-B326B99C9028}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{C449E5CE-F74C-47D6-9828-471AD5BC25F2}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{56474B9F-FB8D-4405-918A-CE7B9580B188}] => (Block) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
FirewallRules: [{A68E48E1-96EA-44D0-B124-F87841E03E46}] => (Block) C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\0.191.0.19\OverwolfBrowser.exe => No File
C:\Users\user\Desktop\uTorrent.exe 
EmptyTemp: 

Restore point was successfully created.
Processes closed successfully.
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Plain\{105D676A-D551-4274-81E7-97AC52E4FD87}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{105D676A-D551-4274-81E7-97AC52E4FD87}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\Speech\HeadsetButtonPress" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Plain\{1949073A-8FDA-4EA4-8E59-407CDB02440F}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{1949073A-8FDA-4EA4-8E59-407CDB02440F}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\sihpostreboot" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Boot\{CBFB6BE6-9828-4121-A91C-8ADE8B6B1C36}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{CBFB6BE6-9828-4121-A91C-8ADE8B6B1C36}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Windows\Management\Provisioning\PostResetBoot" => not found
"HKU\S-1-5-21-2564881613-3640244745-1839761148-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\\DefaultScope" => removed successfully
HKU\S-1-5-21-2564881613-3640244745-1839761148-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{7E7BDB52-3FDE-4427-BEFB-E0D7EFF06153} => removed successfully
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{BFEF05BA-10F8-43A8-B911-604BDD8672CD}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{C5D00D6A-FE5C-4217-9B9B-D1D1EB7A8776}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{66829146-8A74-4A33-AA77-B326B99C9028}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{C449E5CE-F74C-47D6-9828-471AD5BC25F2}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{56474B9F-FB8D-4405-918A-CE7B9580B188}" => removed successfully
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{A68E48E1-96EA-44D0-B124-F87841E03E46}" => removed successfully
"C:\Users\user\Desktop\uTorrent.exe" => not found

=========== EmptyTemp: ==========

BITS transfer queue => 0 B
DOMStore, IE Recovery, AppCache, Feeds Cache, Thumbcache, IconCache => 33806770 B
Java, Flash, Steam htmlcache => 125154505 B
Windows/system/drivers => 11076807 B
Edge => 0 B
Chrome => 737268780 B
Firefox => 37557765 B
Opera => 0 B

Temp, IE cache, history, cookies, recent:
Default => 0 B
ProgramData => 0 B
Public => 0 B
systemprofile => 121880669 B
systemprofile32 => 121881088 B
LocalService => 122234194 B
NetworkService => 122234194 B
user => 286247099 B

RecycleBin => 2551405035 B
EmptyTemp: => 4 GB temporary data Removed.

================================

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog 15:34:54 ====

DR M

DR M

The Grecian Geek

• Malware Removal
  • 4,113 posts

Hi.

You have Classic Shell installed so the Start menu may looks different compared to the original Windows 10 Start menu. It's up to you if you keep or remonve Classic Shell.

Do you have any issues now, regarding the Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft applications? 

Also, you didn't post a screenshot with the shortcuts you referred to. 

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I would like to remove the Classic shell menu if I don't need it.    These are the shortcuts that I noticed.  After I was able to install Microsoft Store, I was able to get Minecraft Java and Bedrock working just fine.  I haven't seen any other issues with Microsoft apps that should have been installed.  Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• start menu shortcut.png
  • All Users.png
  • explorer shortcuts 3.png

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

I just remembered something else I noticed.  The Control Panel is not in the "left click on start menu.  It has the Windows Power Shell and Windows Power Shell (Admin) instead.  I would like to see the control panel on the "left click on start" menu.

pumbaa

pumbaa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

This is the left click start menu.

Attached Thumbnails

• no control panel.png