Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ps3 controller won't connect to my ps3

• Please log in to reply

Suemnew22

Suemnew22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't recommend you do this so don't blame me if your controller breaks.

Edited by Suemnew22, 07 October 2011 - 07:21 AM.

Advertisements

Suemnew22

Suemnew22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't recommend this, but when my controller stopes connecting I tried everything to fix it; resetting my controller, turning my ps3 off and on again and using a different USB but nothing worked and I didn't want to format my ps3 so I left it for a day but then I got angry with it and threw it at a wall. After I calmed down I tried to connect it again, and hey presto it worked. I don't recommend it so if you do it and your remote breaks it's not my fault ok. By the way I didn't throw it hard just so it was put under stress. I think the problem is a loose wire or something.:)

bazal1

bazal1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, just registered with this website to tell you because i had the same problem for ages and just found out the solution.

PS3 controllers have a memory, theres a tiny hole in the back of the controller which is a reset button. stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away

oh my god i thought i was dead because i spilled a little water on my system and i thought that something got screwed but no i remembered i was using it with my other ps3 earlier thank you very very much i also just registered to say thanks

lowrencese

lowrencese

• Pip
  • 4 posts
stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away ...Or choose other controllers

Edited by lowrencese, 17 October 2011 - 10:14 PM.

Carl Randall

Carl Randall

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, just registered with this website to tell you because i had the same problem for ages and just found out the solution.

PS3 controllers have a memory, theres a tiny hole in the back of the controller which is a reset button. stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away

And it worked too! Thnak you so much, I tried everything & this was so simple to do! Many thanks, great site, I just joined too.

goyard07

goyard07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having an issue with my PS3 controller. It was working fine, then I moved and hooked up the PS3 again and nothing. I have tried resetting the controller and it works as long as the usb cable is not plugged in. If I plug in the usb cable, the controller will not work. Obviously making it very hard to charge. The odd issue is if I have the usb plugged into the controller and the game system is off, I can turn on the PS3 with the controller. Once it reasches the main screen the controller once again does not work if plugged into to the console. Does anyone have any suggestions?

geranimal

geranimal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Just wanted to tell you I just had this same problem. I thought I was gonna have to buy a new controller. I tried everything except this time I had the ps3 off before I had the sync button pressed. Thank you very much.

Richard Vincent Blacquiere

Richard Vincent Blacquiere

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a PS3 and my controller from my old one is not working it doesn't want to calibrate at all I tried to reset it and all i'm desperate because it is my Girlfriends controller please help me I tried every thing and nothing seems to work

Edited by Richard Vincent Blacquiere, 31 December 2011 - 06:03 PM.

malafa

malafa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
here's the deal: I've read many threads, including sony's official forum for ps3. over there, someone said there are some fakes going around in the market. to my surprise, I've discovered my new DS3 does NOT have a reset button. Guess this means it's not sony's, right?

had a friend sent it over to me from LA, will ask which store he got it and tell you all, so other people don't have the same problem and feel they've been mugged.

by the way, the problem is syncing - whenever I turn off the system or the controller, I have to plug it with the usb cable again so the PS3 will recognize it.

well, if you guys tell me it's a fake, I'll relax, 'cos it'll really be disappointing to find out it's a a software/sony problem.

checked in details both controllers, and the only difference, besides the lack of a reset button, is that the blue lettering of DS3 and sixaxis looks a bit brighter on the new one. but then again, the old one might have faded a little.

can take pics and post'em if you guys think it helps spotting whether it's a fake or not. :ph34r:

hugz

ps: tried to post a message on sony's forum. can't log in. and yes, I'm a registered user. shame on you (again), sony!

my ps3 controllers no work

my ps3 controllers no work

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS POST #1! I TRIED RESET BUT IT DONT WORK! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Edited by my ps3 controllers no work, 02 June 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Advertisements

Esteriol

Esteriol

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello there,

Registered to say thank you for the info. I was afraid ps3 wireless receiver died. All 3 controllers were having the same issue.

Rbudge1

Rbudge1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
cheers lmar!! been wondering what to do for about 2 years , and worked first time with your solution!!

retardedcracker

retardedcracker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I also had this issue. I never thought about resetting the controller, not that I knew where the reset button was. Funny thing is that I looked at the back and saw the small hole and did not realize what it was. I pushed it with an object and counted to 10. General thing is to hold any reset button for about 1o seconds to make sure the reset takes. Then use a usb cable to connect it to the PS3. I have the multiple controller dock plugged into the PS3, but I figured best thing to do is to plug directly into the console itself. I had no issues with the controller being plugged in and working, just the wireless aspect. so once it was plugged in I pushed the PS3 button. Then after it synced, I unplugged it. Then I pushed the PS3 button again and it synced right up and started working again. I really love technology sometimes.... lol

liamread316

liamread316

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I have a new ps3 and controller and I put the USB into the ps3 and the other end into my controller, it flashes and charges(all four lights)and won't connect when I press the pa button. I have turned the ps3 off and pressed reset the the controller at the back and turned it back on and pressed the ps button and it still doesn't work , Help Please!

krasher

krasher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I have tried the reset button and the controller still won't connect to the PS3. I have looked all over and can't find a solution to this very problem for me. The for lights blink saying its charging and I am using a data cable it just won't connect at all.