Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ps3 controller won't connect to my ps3

• Please log in to reply

willmac

willmac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i join geeks to go just to say you helped me out alot too, i dont have $50 for another controller thanks man

Advertisements

rougewarrior3

rougewarrior3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
it didn't work my PS3 is just sitting at the start-up screen and wont do anything..... one day something happened and ALL my controllers got un-synced and i cant re-sync them, even with the reset button.... i need help.

michaelkaylor

michaelkaylor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you I didnt even know what that tiny hole was for *facepalm

Ochibichan90

Ochibichan90

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, just registered with this website to tell you because i had the same problem for ages and just found out the solution.

PS3 controllers have a memory, theres a tiny hole in the back of the controller which is a reset button. stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away

I registered to say thank you ^^ your my hero ^^

richieseal

richieseal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, just registered with this website to tell you because i had the same problem for ages and just found out the solution.

PS3 controllers have a memory, theres a tiny hole in the back of the controller which is a reset button. stick a paperclip in or something and then turn on ps3, put the usb in and press the ps button. should sync straight away

I registered just to say LEGEND!

Worked straight away cheers man

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know that the information had helped you :thumbsup:

TBNRFrags

TBNRFrags

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Thanks Man Had Same Problem Thank You Sooooooooo Much Man

Jamesissac86

Jamesissac86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
PS3 controller has a clear custom casing, I've yet to find the reset insert you're referring to.. Please help

Jamesissac86

Jamesissac86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
PS3 controller has a clear custom casing, I've yet to find the reset insert you're referring to.. Please help

mknor

mknor

• Pip
  • 5 posts

OK my ps3 did not want to connect  to any **bleep** controller.  I reset  the ps3, I reset the controller,  I turn it  off, unplugged power and every combination in between.  I wanted to smash it with a hammer--connect to this you evil $!&*!#.   So in a last ditch effort I bought a wired 6axis controller.  Still nothing so I plugged in a mouse and it worked!  I could at least navigate the menu and I did a complete format and restore.  Took forever.  When it restarted I tried the controller and nothing!!  So I unplugged it and moved it  to the other USB port (the farthest one left or closest to the edge.  I tried the x button and BOOM I was in business.

Advertisements

mknor

mknor

• Pip
  • 5 posts

OK my ps3 did not want to connect  to any **bleep** controller.  I reset  the ps3, I reset the controller,  I turn it  off, unplugged power and every combination in between.  I wanted to smash it with a hammer--connect to this you evil $!&*!#.   So in a last ditch effort I bought a wired 6axis controller.  Still nothing so I plugged in a mouse and it worked!  I could at least navigate the menu and I did a complete format and restore.  Took forever.  When it restarted I tried the controller and nothing!!  So I unplugged it and moved it  to the other USB port (the farthest one left or closest to the edge.  I tried the x button and BOOM I was in business.

Noah&brett

Noah&brett

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi th.ere to everyone I was trying to see if I can get some help with my playstation 3...when I turn on my playstation the screen does not come on to indicate thatI can login or even play game. Like I can't see nothing but a black screen.also my controller will not come on like it just keeps blinking and blinking. I also have a orange light on my playstation 3 where you put the USB cord to charge the controller I'm not for sure what that means. Could someone please help me step by step with This.I have a5 year old son that is autistic and likes to watch Netflixand the first on his schedule because I have no other way of getting netflix on.someone please help me

Esteriol

Esteriol

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there, sadly this sounds like Ylod, there are temporary fixes for that but you gonna need to open up your ps3.
Do a basic search about it and you will get YouTube videos and detailed guides.
Hope you can fix it.

Fishy413

Fishy413

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I just got 2 new PS3 controllers and it won't connect to my PS3. I've tried the reset and everything multiple times. Still does not work. What else can I do?

Dannybuddy

Dannybuddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I had bought a PS3 along with 1 additional joystick from Bangkok, it was cracked and had got 50 odd games which were full versions. I software i use to mount the full version games is Rogero Manager, the challenge I am facing is configuring the second joystick, have tried all sorts of solutions available online but have got no results. Hoping some assistance. Let me know if you guys have cracked a solution for this.