Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rs1968ss

rs1968ss

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
BTW, here is a start:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements

john_brilloc

john_brilloc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Holy [bleep]... thats all ive got to say holy [bleep].

Im not after an avatar (not for today anyway) but all i have to say is that this is very nice work here, you are very talented and i hope that you carry on.

Chopstix

Chopstix

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

@Canadian_Bit Remember we talked about bashing those snakes with sticks. You might want to remember that little trick, LOL.

HeyShez, I made it. Finally got over the flu. Guys still running me ragged. I've finally had to get down right serious and tell them to back off. No sooner do I get those two to back off ... poof ... yep, another one. :tazz: This particular snake I smacked with a stick straight off the bat. I just don't have time for this. I don't know what the facination is with me but as soon as I find out ... I'm going to get rid of it. :)

Edited by canadian_bit, 12 October 2005 - 06:20 PM.

Chopstix

Chopstix

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Now that I had the chance to finish reading up to the present ... did I miss the party?

About the firefighter .... Do you know how much time you have for yourself now? Comments like that would only give you even less time. :tazz:

Shez, been looking at all the avatars you have made .... Great stuff!!! I think maybe you should be looking at doing paypal and charging. Doesn't have to be a whole lot but even a couple bucks would be nice. Face it, you have put many hours just on one avatar. Your a cyber artist.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Can you make one that is animated and it shows a mimitchi going back in forth then flashes a star then flashes frogogotchi?

Sorry if it's too much!
BTW,

A mimitchi looks like this

Thankyou,

Kitty_Cat

HIya Kitty_cat, Frogogotchi ! Guess what an as-worme thing I went and did? I made you a lovely avatar.......and mispelled your name! :tazz: :) See? Posted Image So, while I am correcting that, I thought I would show it to you and give you the opportunity to add any creative input that you wish. Don't worry, it's not that big of a thing to fix, but it does give you the opportunity to choose different colors if you wish or a different font for your screen name. Just PM me if you want to talk about adding anything different into it, besides your name spelled correctly :woot: Sorry about that. I'll have it fixed in no time. But it's a little late tonight, So I think I'll give you a chance to take a look at it before I do anything else to it.
hugz,
shez

Edited by Go4fall, 13 October 2005 - 12:10 AM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Holy [bleep]... thats all ive got to say holy [bleep].

Im not after an avatar (not for today anyway) but all i have to say is that this is very nice work here, you are very talented and i hope that you carry on.

Thank you VERY much John. It's so very nice of you to take the time to stop by and make such a kind comment. Please do stick around for the party! And the various running gags we keep going around here. We would love to have your company here anytime. Ya'll come back now, hear? :)
Really, thanks, that truly means a lot! :tazz:
Smilz,
Shez

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Now that I had the chance to finish reading up to the present ... did I miss the party?

About the firefighter .... Do you know how much time you have for yourself now? Comments like that would only give you even less time. :woot:

Shez, been looking at all the avatars you have made .... Great stuff!!! I think maybe you should be looking at doing paypal and charging. Doesn't have to be a whole lot but even a couple bucks would be nice. Face it, you have put many hours just on one avatar. Your a cyber artist.

Hi CB! :P
I'm so happy that you stopped by to catch up with things. You can tell that you're thought of often, can't you? :woot: I have behaved RE firemen, taking into consideration exactly the point that you make. And besides, I think it's more of a thing of just wanting to look at them, not wanting to touch them. They might get the wrong idea about me, like that I would do their laundry or something crazy like that :tazz: ! SO, best to stay at a safe distance like the firetruck says!
Your other point is one that many have mentioned to me. And, although I dislike needing to do it, the simple fact is that I do NEED to add a donation paypal button to my siggy. I do put in multiple hours in each avatar that ends up here. And it has become a full time job. Don't get me wrong. I love every minute of it. But being that I am disabled, and really can't do things other than sit at the computer, I really need to be doing something that adds to my very limited income. My hesitancy is in that I don't want ppl to not make requests of me just because they don't have money either. I want everyone to have equal access. But come to think of it, if I added it as an option, and not a requirement, that should meet everyones needs.
I have had one person offer up front to pay me for doing something, but they asked me outside of the forum. And the very minute that I sent the image that they wanted to them, they promptly disappeared. They wouldn't even answer my repeated emails asking if they received the image! So, worrying about ppl not asking because of not having money is probably a silly thing to worry about. I should probably be more worried about the fact that most likely no one would donate! I think your's is the final kick in the pants that I needed to finally take that step and add the little paypal buton to my siggy. I do already have a paypal account set up that takes all major credit cards! Gee, me, an artist, wow!
OH, and you haven't missed the party! Steamhead still hasn't gotten here with the snacks, and Bell is waiting on her plane ticket. I'm still trying to get a babysitter for Boo, which is impossible since she doesn't like anyone on the face of the earth but her mommy, lol. She wouldn't be at ALL happy with her mommy paying attention to so many other ppl and not just her. SO, you haven't missed it. What are you bringing, besides yourself?? And you are NOT allowed to bring any neighbors!! :P
Thanks for looking out for me, friend. And thank you for the advice. I will check into doing just that. Now, back to the party......... :woot:
:) :P

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
As entertainment for our party, of course, I will be telling "Boo" stories, as I had promised from The World Chicken Festival. So, I thought I would get things rolling with this little trick she pulled while mommy went downtown. When I returned home I found her all squished up in this tiny box *asleep* (more like "playing possum" I say! harrummph) SO, I took this picture of her with my magic camera and look what I found!
Posted Image
So, she suddenly wakes from her *cough*nap in the tiny box and we go take a look at the bathroom. Where she informs me, after much speculation, that someone MUST have sneaked past her while she was sleeping in the tiny box and thrown all of the toilet paper on the floor! And, further, she says she really thinks that only a dog would do such a dastardly deed, after careful inspection! And practically dares me to prove differently!Posted Image Kids these days! Where does she learn things like this? I caught her watching that MTV the other day!

Edited by Go4fall, 13 October 2005 - 03:11 AM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

HeyShez, I made it. Finally got over the flu. Guys still running me ragged. I've finally had to get down right serious and tell them to back off. No sooner do I get those two to back off ... poof ... yep, another one. :) This particular snake I smacked with a stick straight off the bat. I just don't have time for this. I don't know what the facination is with me but as soon as I find out ... I'm going to get rid of it. :woot:

You must have some mighty good snake bait, girlfriend!!! Wanna share any tips?? IT's all dry here! :tazz: I'm SOOO glad you're over that icky flu, now if you could just get rid of the other hundred things that are wrong with you!! Maybe you need to just find ONE that's a nurse! Multi-task! :woot:

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

BTW, here is a start:
Posted Image

Posted Image

:tazz: Kewl, I get to play with the duck after all! :)

Advertisements

Chopstix

Chopstix

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

You must have some mighty good snake bait, girlfriend!!! Wanna share any tips?? IT's all dry here! :tazz:

Girl, usually I don't attract so much snakes but this year ... I really don't know what to think of it. I think it's just a matter that I am pressed for time and the forces that be have found a new way to work against me. Could be the fact I have a revolving husband too so when he decides he wants freedom the snakes think I want to play. Funny thing is ... when hb revolves back this way ... snakes still hand around.

About the pay pal option ... :) You deserve it.

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hey!

Could you make a picture of my name.. Maybe with something to do with opera? Dorry I have a bad imagination...

ZELETOR

ZELETOR

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey so do you guys think you van make me an avatar with these pictures?
the picture must be exactly 200x200 pixels and the file size must be lower than 50Kbs.

i want my avatar kind of like this picture, but i want flames coming out. and the guy kneeling down in front of the picture deleted ,can you add a knight standing tall with a sword in both hands where the other guy was. and i want my name Zeletor on top i want it disappearing and re-appearing. if you can do that i appreciate it very much. thank you and message back. want it animated like it is thank you. oh and one more thing what program do you use? is it downloadable if not can you send it to me?
heres the icture of the knight i wanted in the middle of the picture if you have a better pic. of a knight please use it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 73609bfac3e0d956baaad19bb9dd65d7.gif
  • 32_StJohnKnight1L.jpg

Edited by ZELETOR, 13 October 2005 - 03:55 PM.

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
hmmm....
So I got the following for the party!!

the location
the *beverage*
the kick-butt music system thing
hot tub
chocolate (for me of course)
and...me!

so...any special orders? Chinese food? Pizaa? ... I got contacts ya know.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Hey so do you guys think you van make me an avatar with these pictures?
the picture must be exactly 200x200 pixels and the file size must be lower than 50Kbs.

i want my avatar kind of like this picture, but i want flames coming out. and the guy kneeling down in front of the picture deleted ,can you add a knight standing tall with a sword in both hands where the other guy was. and i want my name Zeletor on top i want it disappearing and re-appearing. if you can do that i appreciate it very much. thank you and message back. want it animated like it is thank you. oh and one more thing what program do you use? is it downloadable if not can you send it to me?
heres the icture of the knight i wanted in the middle of the picture if you have a better pic. of a knight please use it.

. I don't know if it is possible to do that within the limits of a 50kb file or not. Especially considering the fact that the first image that you have provided is 42.6 kb by itself. And if it is possible, it most likely will have to be made smaller than 200x200. I would suggest to you that if you really want an image that is 200x200 that we will need to consider what sort of kewl still image we can put together for you. An animated image of that size that is less that 50kb is practically impossible. But, I will test what limits can be stretched and see if there is any way possible that it can be done.
Do you want this instead of the other one you requested. Or do you want this one also? I'm sort of guessing that the other one is for your clan, and this one is for you? Let me know if you still want the first one or not.
About sending you a program. We use a LARGE variety of programs to complete our work. And we use many very expensive programs. This site does not condone program sharing or product key sharing. We would not be able to supply you with the necessary programs to do this sort of work. And, even if you had the programs, there is much more to it than simply having a program. There is a lot of work involved in learning how to use these sorts of programs and in using multiple programs together. I spend many hours making each avatar that you see here. And thats not counting the hours that I spend researching, learning, tweaking, doing tutorials, talking, installing, maintaining,analyzing, testing, collecting, making textures,.........you starting to get the picture? To imply that is so simple as "Hey, send me the program so I can do it also" is vastly underestimating what happens behind the scenes. If it were that simple, my services would not be necessary and I would have a LOT more free time! :P :woot: But if you find a program that can do all that I do and that takes little training to learn to use, please, send ME a link and I will gladly post it here with a bot and just go to the PARTY!!! YEHAOOO! :P :) :woot: :woot: :tazz: