Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable devices available error-please help ASAP (Solved)

Best Answer Elton yu , 04 November 2015 - 06:06 AM

HEY GUYS any of you still around?    So i got my laptop checked and my brothers gonna take it to the shop to replace the dam harddrive (it was the harddrives fault as said by a technician... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

i use linux, i used to also run virtual machines with each different windows operating system, xp, vista and windows 7 so i could help people easier but haven't now for years.

so the only time i ever get to use a windows operating system is when i fix other peoples machines or build one for someone but that again is something i rarely do any more and only ever for family and friends.

this link tells you what each and every command does on the system recovery menu except the last one which on yours should be the factory restore option. :- http://windows.micro...tions=windows-7

if you've run the system repair again and it now takes you to the black screen again without blue screening and restarting, then now from the menu in the picture that says command prompt click on that and see if it will now take you to a command prompt, i know when iammykyl asked you to do the same with whatever you used before it failed but lets see if it will work this way, if so you can eneter the sfc /scannow command there first and see if anything changes, may take a long time to run, especially the chkdsk command when we try using that at some point.

:popcorn:

Advertisements

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Linux,your the first person i know that actually uses linux,i only hear that from videos or reviews,

Soo...if i keep on doing it,and if it finnaly stops doing that annoying [bleep]ing restart thing then,wer almost pretty much good to go for the command?

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

if you've run the system repair again and it still only gets you as far as the black screen and then blue screens and restarts then it's failing and changing nothing, but if it gets you to the black screen and now doesn't blue screen and restart, then it fixed something and maybe from there we can try something else like those commands to see if we can fix everything else.

for now though try choosing the command prompt option and see if it works this way and gets you to one.

:popcorn:

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
i keep on trying the repair but it always takes me to the black screen with the pointer....

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK, noted you can't get to the restore screen, so let's try terry's ctrl+alt+del method.

You will need to go through the steps to get to the black screen with the pointer on it.

Press and hold down these three keys, ctrl, alt, del, hold for about five seconds.

does a new screen open with five options displayed?

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
No it does not

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK.

With the black screen and arrow showing,

Restart the Laptop and immediately press and hold down the three keys, ctrl+alt+del, hold until a screen appears.

Is it the one with options on it?

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Wait so after it restarts immediately hold the 3 keys?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes, hold all three keys down together until a screen pops up.

Elton yu

Elton yu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
So after holding it...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff