Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A fresh installation of Win caused FPS drops(less FPS in general).

Win 7 8.1 c9 game fps drops

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Apparently there is only the one jumper on the mother board.  It's used to clear the BIOS.  Called Clear CMOS.  You might try it.  On page 15 of the manual.  

I think this xboost is something that you have to install from the CD.  I'd try the a-tuning stuff.

Advertisements

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I will try doing it in a few hours

There was nothing in the cd, mentioning x-boost. Also, I couldn't install the catalyst(AMD all in one) driver, it's stuck at "Detecting hardware", tried a clean installation also, after removing the other drivers with "Display driver uninstaller" but nothing. As in safe mode it couldn't find "Driver detecting driver".

P.S. so I've tried the jumpers, couldn't find them on my motherboard, could you tell me where it is?
https://www.ekwb.com...M2A58M-DG3+.jpg

Edited by zapuxas098, 01 April 2017 - 01:23 PM.

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Don't want to push but I think you forgot to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I'm just going by the picture in the manual.  Appears if you look at the motherboard with the CPU at the top and the CMOS battery at the bottom the jumper should be between the right side of the battery and the end of the power connector.

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I couldn't find it, that's why I posted you my motherboard's picture from above, can you see the jumpers in it? If yes, mark the spot and post the image or smth

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I blew up the picture as big as it would go but there is not enough detail to see jumpers.  I suppose it's possible that it doesn't exist even tho the manual says it does.  You could just try pulling the CMOS battery out and waiting 10 minutes before replacing the battery.  When you boot into the BIOS setup you will need to set the clock (if you don't need to set the clock then 10 minutes wasn't long enough).

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

As I checked the image and also the motherboard itself in real view, I couldn't find the jumpers so I guess they don't exist on my motherboard for real. Let me try with the battery

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

ok

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

So I replaced the battery, also found the jumpers near it. I had a screen after the boot, clicked to choose default settings. Nothing really changed, also I am still at 3.66GHZ while the max is 3.1GHZ. So it's not bios related maybe. But doesn't matter, I am fine having more speed of it. Just yet, the FPS loss isn't fixed yet. Smth else is causing it. I am worrying about the connectors, the cables I plugged, are they in the right places. I was thinking I could make some shots of images to show you if everything is connected how it should be. Or do you have any other suggestions?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Let's try the wei tool from

the download is at the bottom where it says: Download: Winaero WEI Tool

Remember the name as it takes you through several pages where they try to talk you into downloading other garbage.  There are also some popups but just hit SKIP on them.  Once you get the file it's a zip so you have to save it and then right click and Extract All, Extract then right click on wei.exe and Run As Admin.

This is the old Windows Experience rating that used to be easy to be in System Info in Win 7.  What does it say is your slowest  component?  (Screen shot would be nice)

Advertisements

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Well, the results make a quite obvious conclusion..

http://i.imgur.com/w4RRdzw.png

I also have some warranty for this HDD but I am not sure if they will accept it yet I didn't do anything to this HDD, it got "broken" just during the days of work, does this apply to the warranty normally?

Edited by zapuxas098, 06 April 2017 - 02:11 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

They won't replace it unless it flunks their SeaTools for Windows Extended test:

http://www.seagate.c...ols-win-master/

so give it a shot and see if it will pass the extended test.  Sometimes you get lucky and it fails the shorter quick test.  

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I couldn't find a test you named but I did all of them except long generic one, it takes a lot. I passed all of them except the short DST.

I also downloaded HDTune and ran a test, here are my results there:
*I noticed a really low Minimum transfer rate tho, not sure if it's normal, plus all those instant drops

P.S. Did the short DST again and it passed this time

I also remembered a few weeks ago I heard some clicking sounds going from my PC, like every few mins for a bit, then stopping. Now I haven't heard for a while but I suppose it could be also HDD?

Attached Thumbnails

• hdd.png

Edited by zapuxas098, 06 April 2017 - 06:29 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

I downloaded HDTune and ran it on my 1 GB WD drive.  

No big drops like you are seeing.

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

But to think of it, I've searched all around about HDD but didn't see anywhere saying that HDD can really drop FPS at all, except the loading times etc. So I am hesitating is it really HDD making my FPS performance being by 20%+ lower..I also had plenty of blue screens when I bought my GPU (GTX 750 ti 2gb)(Around a year + ago), I 've been replacing it plenty of times and it started working normally later, so maybe my PCI-E or the GPU itself is broken somehow, yet I was still getting the full perfomance, the only issue were the blue screens and PC crashes.