Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer starts on blue screen and reboots all the time

• Please log in to reply

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Before I do that, can you please check for me the folder called Drivers under C:? Is there a folder called Win which has a folder called Display?

Advertisements

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I can see the file C: DRIVERS / WIN but there is not a folder called display. There I see the folders ACCON, ETHERNET, PMDriver, UNAV, UNAVUTIL, WLANINT, WLLANATH.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hi, Maria10. Download the following: ThinkVantage System Update

Transfer it to the computer we're working on and run it from there. After following some prompts, it should eventually scan for the needed drivers to install. I'm not sure how effective it would be without the Internet but it's worth a try.

Note: If the program fails to install because of a missing .NET Framework, then please download and install the following on the computer we're working on: http://download.micr...5a/dotnetfx.exe

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi Amlak,

I am not able to run ThinkVantage without internet, and also the computer will not access the USB contents when i plug the device in. It doesn't detect a new device connection.

What shall i do in this case?

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
How did you get it transferred to the laptop if USB isn't working? Or did you do so using Reatogo boot CD?

I'll run ThinkVantage on my computer right now to see if there's an option to scan the hard drive itself rather than online.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

I can see the file C: DRIVERS / WIN but there is not a folder called display. There I see the folders ACCON, ETHERNET, PMDriver, UNAV, UNAVUTIL, WLANINT, WLLANATH.

Can you check the WLANINT folder and the WLLANATH folder for me and see if there's some Setup file that could run in each one?

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I didn't transfer it to the laptop.. i have tried in the past and i know that it needs internet connection.

Is it possible to run it from USB using Reatogo?

I believe i have this ThinkVantage files on D:, i ran a search but didn't manage to execute these files from D:

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
You can transfer it through Reatogo by simply placing it somewhere in C: and then boot back into Windows and run the program.

But anyway, as you said, it does indeed require Internet connection. So looks like we're going to have to do things manually at first. We'll start with the chipset support drivers.

Download the following two setup files and transfer them to the laptop using Reatogo. But please do not run them until I tell you to.

http://download.leno...es/oss608ww.exe
http://download.leno...es/g1ic08ww.exe

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Ok, all done !! I transfered the 2 .exe files on C:

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Download OTL.exe from here and transfer it to the laptop.

Once you're back into Windows, double-click OTL.exe and click Quick Scan. Once it's done scanning, it should give you two logs. OTL.txt and Extras.txt

Please be sure to paste both logs here in your next reply.

Now do the following:

Run oss608ww.exe and follow the prompts. After clicking Finish, go to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\INTELINF and run infinst_autol.exe

When it's done doing its thing, restart the computer.

Then:

Run g1ic08ww.exe. This one is easier to follow. Just follow the prompts and let it do what it has to do. And restart when it's done.

Tell me if this fixes the USB issue or not. Do keep in mind that any USB device you connect to the computer the first time after the the boot issue being resolved will be considered a new device so it may take a couple of minutes for Windows to configure its settings for the USB device when it's loading up for the first time.

Advertisements

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Attached Files

Edited by Maria10, 16 June 2012 - 11:38 AM.

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hey Amlak,

After running oss608ww.exe and g1ic08ww.exe, seems like it still doesn't detect the USB... i will switch off and on again to try once again, but in the meantime i am sending the files OTL.txt and Extras.txt attached.

Maria10

Maria10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
The USB i was using to transfer files through Reatogo wasn't being recognised/detected by the computer...
But i tried 3 different USB's and the computer detected each of them... for each different USB connected the computer goes through the process of asking to set up... but at least it does recognise them.

Not bad !! :happy:

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Good thinking. :thumbsup:

Hopefully, they should now each run automatically afterwards. Next reply soon.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
To avoid confusion and clean things up, delete the two setup files you downloaded and transferred recently: oss608ww.exe and g1ic08ww.exe

And empty the Rubbish Bin.

Do you have an Ethernet cable that connects to the Internet at home? It would be good to temporarily have your laptop connected via the Ethernet cable so you could run the ThinkVantage program with Internet connection.

You just need to download the following Ethernet driver setup file: http://download.leno...es/7kra26ww.exe

Download and transfer to the laptop, but don't run it just yet.