Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"msvcp80.dll is missing"

windows 7 .dll PowerDVD video

Best Answer SleepyDude , 26 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

OK, now they are both installed!   It is odd that when I did the Dell system analysis, it didn't tell me to update those drivers. I never trust those automated tools  I guess now we hope... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Open an elevated command prompt (like you did to run the SFC scan) and enter this command:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log > %userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

A file called sfcdetails.txt will be created on your desktop. Please upload it to ge.tt and post the download link here.

Advertisements

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi Aura,

I didn't know how to access "ge.tt" is so I uploaded it here:

http://www.materra.be/sfcdetails.txt

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Download both copies of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update. One for x86 (32-bits) and the other for x64 (64-bits).

https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=26368

Install both packages, restart your computer and run a new SFC scan.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

The odd thing is that this list seems to show a problem with "msvcr90.dll" instead of "msvcr80.dll".

Originally I did have a problem with msvcr90.dll when I tried to run Adobe Elements, but it was fixed earlier by an earlier re installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005.  (Not the time at suggestion of Sleepy Dude)

Then later on, when I tried to run PowerDVD I noticed the "msvcr80.dll" problem.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
To me it seems that you have problems with your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages. You could reinstall them all just to be sure they're all good.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I got the new scan results:

Appears to be same result:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Details are included in the CBS.Log  windir\Logs|CBC\CBS.log"

Here are the scan results.  Note, the file seems to include the data from the first and second scans.

http://www.materra.be/sfcdetails2.txt

Also tried Power DVD again, still same problem. 

Is there a link to all the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages" so I know what to down load and install?

By the way, when I did the download and install of the two you suggested, it gave me a "uninstall" or "repair" option.  I chose repair.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Yes, can you repair all of the Microsoft Redistributable packages? This way we'll known that they aren't causing that issue if you repair them all but the message persists.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Sure,

Are these the ones to download:

https://support.micr...n-us/kb/2977003

Should I download all years?

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
These aren't the same packages. I don't think you need to download them. If you go in your installed programs list and right-click on them the Repair or Modify option should be there.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

When I go into "programs and features", I do see a list of 12 different C++ Redistributable packages, but it only has the uninstall option for each.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I found a page that have the download links for all of them, but it's in French. Trying to find one in English. On a side note, can you try checking for Windows Updates?

rONW46K.pngCheck for Windows Updates
Follow the instructions below to check for available Windows Updates and install them:
  • Click on the Windows Start Menu and select Control Panel;
  • From there, click on System and Security and select Windows Updates;
  • Click on the Check for updates button in the left-pane;
  • Wait for the scan to complete and see which updates are found, Recommended Updates and Recommended Updates (or Optional Updates);
  • Click on X Important Updates (X being the number of updates being found) and make sure that they are all checked;
  • Install every Important Updates found and restart your computer once it's done;

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi Aura,

Take your time, no problem, I really appreciate all this help. 

Regarding windows updates, everything is up to date except that since March 10, windows has been trying but failing, to install windows update KB3033929.  It goes into some long loop, and then fails every time. 

I did notice that there are many posts about this issue around the web, so it does not seem unique to my computer, but nothing that ever seemed to solve the problem. 

I have given up trying to get it installed and turned windows updates to manual just to stop having a long, failed installation process every time I turn the computer off.

thanks

Chris

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
What if you try to download and install it manually?

https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=46148

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Still going, and going, and going, runs to the end of the install bar, but never quite finishes.....

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

OK, finally failed again