Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

toshiba HDD access trouble

hdd toshiba accessibliy access laptop

• Please log in to reply

sev73

sev73

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hi, I'm having problems with my 1tb Toshiba HDD, I connect it to my Acer laptop with its supplied USB cable but nothing happens. it doesn't appear on the devices page. and I cannot send anything to it (I want to use it as a back up for my photo's. the power light comes on when I coonect and I can feel it vibrate. it appears on my tool bar in  the hidden icons tab but all I can do with it from there is safely remove it.

please can anyone help

thanks

sev

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello sev73  :welcome:

Is this a new one?...Under warranty?

Did you connect it to Different USB ports?

See whether it is detected in device manager and disk management. Also Try to connect it and restart the pc and see it is detected in BIOS.

Anyhow follow the steps here:

1) connect it to another pc and see whether it is detected there.

2) if not then change the USB cable and try it.

3) still problem occurs i sugges you to RMA it if it is under warranty

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Not hear from you!
Need assistance?

Tirthankar

Tirthankar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

I would suggest you to check out the HDD in a different system. If the problem still persists, then there are chances that your HDD is not working.

If you have purchased it recently then it shoould be under warranty.
So go to the service center with your bill and id proof and ask for a replacement