Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable device for Acer Aspire V5-131-2629

acer acer aspire no bootable device netbook troubleshoot hard drive problems BIOS

• Please log in to reply

chelsgreenwood

chelsgreenwood

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I own an Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 netbook and upon startup I get the message, "no bootable device - - please reboot system". I've tried holding down all the F keys, +function, and ESC. The only key that works is F2 and that screen has NO options under the BOOT menu. 

I have tried taking out the hard drive and placing it back. No luck
I have disconnected any usb's, memory cards, etc. No luck.
I have cleaned the inside of my netbook, and followed every suggestion on every forum on google. No luck!

My netbook is only 9 months old and should not be having these issues since it was never dropped and never got wet and was always properly shut down.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I am a grad student working many research positions with invaluable data on my netbook.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, "no bootable device" usually means there is a serious problem with the hard drive. Since it's only nine months old, recommend contacting Acer Tech Support.